Has arthritis changed the appearance of your knees?

Posted , 6 users are following.

This question is obviously for the people suffering from knee arthritis. If yes, after how long did the appearance change after the symptoms started?

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

They are not painful as long as I take the predisone and excerise. I hope you find the answers you are looking for!

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I was 21 when i was diagnosed with arthritis in my right knee without an explanation. I woke up one day and my knee was swollen.

I was put on methotrexate and it didn't work, i also feel i was too young to be put on it. I had steroid injections and my knee drained around 6 times. My knee was swollen and it did appear different to my left knee. I'm 29 now and i took myself off all medications when i was 22. I've stayed active and managed it well myself. I'm lucky as my right knee looks the same as my left knee, only on the odd occasion does it swell. I hope yours in time will do the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.