Has citalipram worked immediately for anyone?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi... I've been taking citalopram for the last 2 nights, I've had a few symtoms so far I.e clenched jaw, high tend anxiety, yawning. But for the first time in weeks yesterday I got in my car and drove, only locally but it was a step forward. I also walked out alone which has been hard due to anxiety in the past few weeks. I also walked into a shop to buy some bread constantly reminding my self not to pre empt situations to keep my Anxiety under control. I thought it can't be the citalopram as it's only been 2 days but I'm just curious if anyone else has had any similar experiences when first starting this drug. I've obviously still got a long way to go but I've felt slight changes the past couple of days. Is this just coincidental? Leanne x

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No seriously I don't even think it's a placebo effect! I took 15mg Citalopram during a really low period years ago when I was young and within a day it worked, I was amazed! How do I know its not a placebo? My body is actually slightly intolerant to it so my pupils go massive but around the same time this happens I feel normal again!

• Posted

Hi Leanne,

I noticed a difference within days, too - when I upped my dose I even felt 'high' for a few days, actual euphoria that made me feel so emotional that I was happy and on form again.

It does level out and you may have blips so don't be alarmed if you feel so good at first and then dip, it's totally normal, but hopefully you stay in the state you are right now!

Amy

• Posted

Hi Leanne - I am four days in and feeling better although I think that may be attributed to not drinking alcohol. I'm moving to night time dosing tonight as I was finding it too spacey in the day. I have definitely been feeling better though. I also think that finally deciding to admit that I am depressed and begin my meds has really helped me look forward.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.