Has my pre-op assessment today

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had 3 phials of blood taken, swabs of nostril and armpit, blood pressure and blood oxygen levels.  The nurse also weighed and took height measurement.  She showed me how to get onto and off of a bed and gave me a booklet about the operation, recovery in hospital and how to sit etc.  She advised me to get a toilet riser and frame and to use a chair similar to that in which I was sat: upright, firm with arms, which we haven't got, so will see if we can find a secondhand one.  I will need to wear TEDs, unfortunately and will leave the hospital with crutches.  My op is on Monday and I'm not really looking forward to it.

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my op in Nottingham 12 weeks ago.Occupational health provided me with raised toilet frame and stool to use in shower.I had to buy a suitable chair which I no longer need if you are interested.I live in Lincoln.Good luck on Monday hope all goes well try not to worry too much it will definitely be worth it .
  • Posted

had my preop was loaned a raised toilet seat by occupational therapy and borrowed a tub chair from work,but was still 2 inches too low so theraspist loaned raisers which just slot onto bottom off legs of chair.we have no shower so will rely on my wife to help me wash down till i can step into bath.my op is on wednesday,will be so glad to finally be painfree.im having a epidural. best of luck
  • Posted

You will be fine I had mine yesterday had an epidural and was awake for mist of it,I was put at ease with the surgeon and anethnetist. I was was in recovery for about an hour and eating toast straight away .I have had a little walk and an x ray today and they are talking about sending me home tomorrow. Good luck and don't worry you will be fine x
    • Posted

Wow You were awake thats crazy but sounds like you are recoverying well.

They were suppose to give me epidural but not sure what happened but they didnt and well i dont remember anything until i woke up. I am now on day 8 at home and i cannot believe how well i am doing. I am sore but aside from that i am fantastic.

We did it 😀👍🤗

Karen xx

Brisbane,Australia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.