Has prolapse recurred???

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am 4 wks following rectocelesurgery and it is great and reassuring to have found this site. I am worried that my posterior vaginal wall prolapse has come down a bit. In first week everything looked much better and by week 3 I can see more- =can see stitches and a bit of bulging again . I know early days but just hoping this is part of healing . If it going to be successful the surgery - is that something you can tell within weeks or months?does the feeling of everything dragging down get better? There are lots of questions and I just want to know it will be ok but hey I know no guarantee.many thanks

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jane,

At four weeks you generally have a bit more swelling as your stitches loosen or start to come out, and everything drops doen slightly.

There is swelling where the repair has been stitched, makes it feel like another prolapse.

See the pinned post, South Tees info at the top of the page, it gives you an idea of what to expect.

• Posted

Thank you Laura.

Still searching for the pinned post.

• Posted

Found the pinned post.

Many thanks .

• Posted

Hi Jane,

Sounds like I'm on the same timescale as you. I am also 4 weeks post posterior repair and have been experiencing the same thing. Have found also if I'm on my feet for too long, it feels a whole lot worse. Yesterday was my daughters 5th birthday party and although I was taking it easy, I was on my feet for a lot longer than I have been in the last 4 weeks and today the discomfort and dragging feeling has been a lot worse, also am experiencing light bleeding.

It's hard not to worry at every little thing when you've invested so much but I keep trying to remind myself it takes time to heal and it's important to rest. Whenever I can I get myself in a reclined position and do my pelvic squeezes ??

Good luck Jane, hope it all works out for you.

• Posted

Hi Linz thank you for your reply and interesting we are experiencing similar symptoms . Like you if I am on my feet more it all feels a lot more uncomfy. Yes I suppose listening to our bodies is the thing to do and hope all will be well. I am planning to start driving at 6 weeks so hoping next few weeks seeing improvement. You take care too and hope you feeling better in few weeks .
    • Posted

Hi ! Linz and Jane. I'm nearly 4 weeks post op, and went out today did a bit of shopping, passenger in the car, no carrying, but was out about an hour. Have felt the old feeling of pressure inside left, and left side of bottom, what I used to feel pre op, but BM wasn't the best today either. Similar to you both, am starting to panic thinking it's all failed, and what was the point? I really hope for all of us, it really is our bodies telling us we've done a bit too much, and we'll feel better tomorrow. This really is difficult eh ladies? Sending healing thoughts x

• Posted

I too am four weeks post op after anterior & SSF repair and experiencing what you all have mentioned, it great to hear we have all the same worries and thoughts. I'm up to 30 min walks from today and feeling as if I've over done it what with the cooking and washing - I'm aching and throbbing! Fortunately off to see my surgeon this evening (late appointment) I want him to look and reassure me prolapse hasn't reappeared - feels like I walking with a huge tampon stuck inside!

oh what we ladies have to go through!

lets keep smiling

• Posted

Yes the things we go thro! Hope all is well with you and your appt is reassuring . I am resting but definitely aware of the stiches and can see them! Hoping that is normal ! Take it easy .
    • Posted

Hi all! I'm 4 weeks post op after anterior/posterior repair and am experiencing the same! I'm back at work but taking it very easy. I have some pulling sensation but most of it is the constant "tampon falling out" sensation that worries me. I've ventured to look and there are 2 small lumps, but they're not soft like the prolapse was, so I'm hoping it's the line of stitches. I go back on May 19th for my 6-week check. Fingers crossed it's just a normal part of healing. Anita1209, it would be great if you could give us an update!

Great to know it's not unusual, at least! 

• Posted

What did your surgeon say? Is that feeling ok? Hope things went well
  • Posted

Morning Jane and all ladies. How are you all doing? I think some of us are at a similar stage in our recovery? I'm nearly 6 weeks. The last few days I've felt discomfort as if there is something low down? Similar to how it used to feel, and having lower back ache too? Anyone else having similar symptoms? I've just finished a course of antibiotics, so thinking some of the discomfort could be to do with that? Feeling quite down about it all. Have just contacted my gynae's secretary, asking for a follow-up appointment, as I wasn't given one on discharge. I have been good regarding not overdoing things, but who knows what's too much? Hope you are all healing well and trying to keep positive. X

• Posted

Exactly same as you at six weeks, have been really good until this weekend, can't believe that I could have destroyed everything in one weekend, shopping and family party 

• Posted

Hi. Are you feeling any better? I'm just over three weeks post op and was doing really well until a couple of days ago and now have a full feeling like a huge bulge. I am very concerned. I have been straining quite a bit with BM. Trying not to, but struggling to go despite senna and lactulose daily.

• Posted

Hi Sal12, I sorry you're not feeling good. Mine comes and goes, I think mine is connected to pelvic floor exercises. All I can say is if I were you, I'd get checked out. Did you have post op recovery information? I was told the most important things were not to strain, and no lifting. I've just read your post on another stream, and think you may be overdoing things? As frustrating as it is, it is a long recovery, and you do need to rest. I hope it all turns out to be ok for you. Hugs x

• Posted

Thanks for the response. I think you're right about me doing to much. I've barely lifted a finger today and have lain down a fair bit. Probably too little, too late, but hope not. Did you manage to get a follow up appointment? I've not been sent one yet but was told it would be about three months post op. X

• Posted

Its a difficult time, I have been quite anxious over the weeks, partly due to no hormones, and hoping I'm doing things right? I do feel your pain. Hopefully you'll be fine. No, not head anything yet about the appointment. It was the same after my hysterectomy, even though I knew this prolapse had happened as a result of that operation, couldn't get to see anyone for love nor money!

• Posted

Hi. Hope you're feeling okay? I've still got the same feeling of a lump down there. I have tried to try in to see somebody but it's an impossible task. My GP is booked up for 2 weeks and the Gynaecology Assessment Unit won't see me without a referral but my GP needs to do that and I can't get an appointment. Rang my consultant's secretary and see told me I would have to wait 3-4 months for a follow up and the consultant won't see me earlier because, even if the surgery has failed, there's nothing he can do at this stage anyway. I just want to know one way or the other. Also, I'm due back at work as a teacher in a fortnight but starting to wonder if it's too soon as I'm on my feet all day and there are no opportunities for breaks. This time last week I felt great and like I could've gone back then, but now I'm going backwards. Also got a short break to Vienna booked for three days next week with my Mum and my 6 and 12 year old sons. Hoping I'll be okay for that too.

• Posted

Sorry for the typos - on my mobile and lots of predictive text going on which I didn't check prior to posting!!

• Posted

Hi Sal. How are you doing? I'm doing ok I think? I can still feel the pressure down there in a morning before a bm, and feel something most of the day. I keep telling myself it's still healing, and am trying to remain positive. I've started a new HRT patch, and am starting to feel a little better generally. I did also restart Vagifem, but have stopped again as think this may be causing me to feel everything more, if you know what I mean. I am also trying to reduce the stool softeners. I would like to get back to a bit more normal without assisting medication as I feel everything has side effects? I hope your trip is lovely, and not too strenuous for you. Maybe one day we can be 'ourselves' again and be able to have a day or two of not noticing things down there. I live in hope x

• Posted

Cheers Doolittle. Feeling a tad better, like you I feel more discomfort/strange feeling when my bowel is full and still not into a natural routine with BM. Trying to ease of the stool softeners a bit and trying more bulk forming type laxative. I'll see if this helps, although I'd rather not be having to take anything at all.

• Posted

Lol. Autocorrected your name to Doolittle - sorry!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.