Has prolapse recurred???

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am 4 wks following rectocelesurgery and it is great and reassuring to have found this site. I am worried that my posterior vaginal wall prolapse has come down a bit. In first week everything looked much better and by week 3 I can see more- =can see stitches and a bit of bulging again . I know early days but just hoping this is part of healing . If it going to be successful the surgery - is that something you can tell within weeks or months?does the feeling of everything dragging down get better? There are lots of questions and I just want to know it will be ok but hey I know no guarantee.many thanks

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are you now? Has it resolved?  I am also worried but am six weeks post op, SSF and rectocele repair. Had busy weekend thinking at six weeks OK to go shopping and to family party. Now home and feel as if it's all coming down again and really crampy pains like period pains. This was my third gynae op in three years - hysterectomy, failed repair and now SSF. Can't face another!! 

• Posted

You've overdone things Anky! Time to rest with feet up, on bed if necessary until you feel better. Nothing at all which puts a strain on your pelvic floor for a few more weeks then easy does it. I was told 3-4 months after same op as you 2 weeks ago! Best wishes, Poll x rolleyes

• Posted

Thanks Pollyanna, beginning to realise I need to continue to rest. My sister said my idea of resting is not the same as others! Lying down most of today and definitely feeling a bit better today. Last night I was really upset and worried, this forum has really helped 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.