Hashimoto's?????

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi everyone. looking for some advice. so many different things have been going on for the last 6/7 months. Started with severe cold intolerance, permanently cold hands in feet. everyday feeling unwell and sick. progressed to problems with breathing and horrible discomfort in my chest. now random aches and pains and still days of feeling so unwell. with flu like symptoms. always dismissed by the gp and told all in my head. ran thyroid tests. tsh and t4 normal. very high tpo antibodies. could those antibodies case any of these symptoms? ??? at a loss and currently still off work.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You may well be hypothyroid. Your high antibodies indicate autoimmune disease. You're better off spending your time treating your immune system since thyroid treatment only seems to be effective when TSH is elevated and T4 is low.

Besides treating your immune system, you might want to look into ebstein barr virus.

• Posted

I made an appointment with a private endocrinologist. hoping for some kind of treatment to relive some symptoms and make me feel a bit better.

• Posted

also my hair has become so dry and brittle and breaks easily. previously was in very good condition. this is also affecting my self esteem.

• Posted

Read up on Glutathione. It helps lower thyroid antibodies and detox body, etc.

• Posted

OK i will look at that. I have many hypothyroidism symptoms. so hoping seeing an endocrinologist will be beneficial.

• Posted

Jennifer, the est supplement support I've found id essential amino acid complex. The amino acid supplements provide the protein nutrients required for your body to make thyroxin. I found it to be more effective than any medication.

I tried glutathione alone in several different forms. Didn't find it helpful.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. I feel like I sound like a crazy person explaining to friends. can go from feeling not too bad one day to feeling so unwell the next. have you had any similar experiences?

• Posted

Autoimmunity depletes Glutathione levels and raising Glutathione levels will lower autoimmunity.and may even prevent further attacks. The reduced Glutathione or acetyl Glutathione. w vit C do get absorbed. very well. Depleted Glutathione. levels can also affect mitrochondria energy production. Having thyroid antibodies inflames your body and destroys your thyroid gland. so you may not be hypothyroid yet, but your body is feeling the autoimmue attack. Actually low dose Synthroid can lower auto antibodies and prevent further gland damage in many (but not all) and prevent the occurrence of hypothyroidism. It's.up to your doctors if they will prescribe it for you but endos should be well aware how Rxg Synthroid can prevent hypothyroidism in people with TPO antibodies.without being hypothyroid. I am not sure if T3 meds or NDT. work as well in lowering antibodies. I lowered my antibodies from thousands to 10.while on Synthroid and taking NAC the precursor to Glutathione.

• Posted

Autoimmunity depletes Glutathione levels and raising Glutathione levels will lower autoimmunity.and may even prevent further attacks. The reduced Glutathione or acetyl Glutathione. w vit C do get absorbed. very well. Depleted Glutathione. levels can also affect mitrochondria energy production. Having thyroid antibodies inflames your body and destroys your thyroid gland. so you may not be hypothyroid yet, but your body is feeling the autoimmue attack. Actually low dose Synthroid can lower auto antibodies and prevent further gland damage in many (but not all) and prevent the occurrence of hypothyroidism. It's.up to your doctors if they will prescribe it for you but endos should be well aware how Rxg Synthroid can prevent hypothyroidism in people with TPO antibodies.without being hypothyroid. I am not sure if T3 meds or NDT. work as well in lowering antibodies. I lowered my antibodies from thousands to 10.while on Synthroid and taking NAC the precursor to Glutathione.

• Posted

• Posted

Just my opinion I would either see a different doctor or go back and request another TSH test-as it's been about 6 months since your last one-also demand a "full panel" of thyroid tests. I saw 3 doctors before getting properly diagnosed because they only ran TSH and t4-each time my TSH was higher and I told them that-but they dismissed me- 3rd doctor finally did a full panel and my T3 was WAY off and by that time my TSH was well above normal too. I had symptoms for 2 years!!! Doctors did not believe me...told me the weight gain was my fault-literally. If I had-had a full panel at least a year ago? Maybe some of my symptoms could have been prevented-as they all came on-by the time the TSH was well above normal. You have to push the docs though-they don't seem to want to believe folks have thyroid issues! At least in my experience.

• Posted

hi there. Hopefully the endocrinologist will run the full panel. can I ask what other symptoms you were experiencing before you were diagnosed. seems so long to be left without any treatment.

• Posted

Hi Jen. Sorry for my last text appearing 3X. I only sent it once so not sure what happened. When I was first dxd I.was in my 30s but I am sure I had it for years. In my early 20s had plenty of energy but by my late 20s felt very fatigued thought I had narcolepsy. By mid 30s felt okay for a few hours after waking..then by noon my brain felt like it was at 0% and needed to be charged up like a low battery. I would get cold chills when it was 90degrees F and humid. My skin was dry and flakey. PMS but always on time. When I went to neighborhood doc he immediately felt my throat so how fatigued I was (fell asleep in waiting area). He immediately said "your hypothyroid" before even drawing labs. He was right my TSH was 65 and both AB.high in 1000s. This way many years ago and I had to read books to get info. If it happened in the present I would've been dxd way before my TSH got so high. He rxd Armour but when he retired other doctors put me on Synthroid/Levo at 115 125 150 200 then down to 175mcg w T3. NEVER

had side effects from Synthroid or Levo. but never felt 100% either. Maybe if I was dxd earlier. I always took supplements way-way before it was common and before I was dxd w Hashis. I read about NAC in the 80s. But only recently found out about Glutathione lowering antibodies. Glutathione will help in charging up your brain as well. Also read that if Glutathione levels were at optimal levels then autoantibodies would not occur.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I still feel the Dr's are missing something. During the summer i was so cold all the time. Heated blanket and when out with friends having to take a hot water bottle. Now it's complete opposite sometimes. Extremely hot even when cold outside.

• Posted

In the beginning of Hashi's the antibodies can cause dumping of thyroid hormones where you will be feeling more hyper than hypo and feel

warmer than what you usually feel..Maybe you should start taking your body temperature throughout the day. First thing in the AM before you get out of bed than few times during the day. When I was first dxd I was always colder than normal..but you're in the early stages. Make sure you stop Bvits few days before testing. If you were taking Biotin when you were tested your.T4 would or could appear higher than it really was.

• Posted

Hi i'm not taking any biotin just now. I feel I am going to get worse before anyone pays any attention. Or offered any treatment. My gp blames it all on anxiety and pains o have are due to tiredness. There's no changing his mind either. I also have a positive ANA test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.