Hashimoto's?????

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi everyone. looking for some advice. so many different things have been going on for the last 6/7 months. Started with severe cold intolerance, permanently cold hands in feet. everyday feeling unwell and sick. progressed to problems with breathing and horrible discomfort in my chest. now random aches and pains and still days of feeling so unwell. with flu like symptoms. always dismissed by the gp and told all in my head. ran thyroid tests. tsh and t4 normal. very high tpo antibodies. could those antibodies case any of these symptoms? ??? at a loss and currently still off work.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your anxiety can be from the dumping of thyroid hormones when your antibodies are attacking. your thyroid gland. The anxiety and also panic attacks could be the result of this. This is very common in the early stages.

• Posted

I don't suffer from anxiety that's the thing. I may appear anxious to the Dr as I get a bit nervous. That's due to the fact that no matter what I tell him he doesn't believe a word I say.

• Posted

hi,

I have hypothyroidism, but id pay to feel cold, i am constantly hot, until winter then it is terribly cold. ( but when dealing with the thyroid it can just be the way my other hormones react, my core temp. might be higher) it did take my dr a few months after the grossly abnormal weight gain to make certain it was my thyroid. 98% of hypothyroidism is caused by hashimoto's disease. its not a fun ride either way.

• Posted

I know how you feel. out of the 2 i would much prefer being cold. My worry is since its autoimmune I have read that you're more likely to develop another autoimmune condition. something else that's strange is previously I loved the sun and took a tan realky well. now no matter how long I am in the sun I don't tan or burn.like I have lost the pigment or malenin in my skin.

• Posted

Hi Joey, Hashimotos symptoms change as the disease progresses. Typically, you get alternating between hyper and hypo generally preceding switching to severe hypothyroid disease. The temperature regulation problems as well as other hormonal disruptions are typical with thyroid disease.

Thyroid patients troubleshoot every aspect of their health because by the time the thyroid disease us diagnosed, there often other related problems. Its hard to know what causes what.

• Posted

Have you been tested for positive ANA conditions? With a positive ANA you don't want to "burn" too much. just to be on the safe side. Don't think chest discomfort is thyroid related.

• Posted

Only a few. lupus, vasculitis and parathyroid. so many autoimmune diseases have similar symptoms. also recently found out I have severe scoliosis. so the chest discomfort could be from that. Although that has passed now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.