Hating my pain meds...im taking myself off!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Ive had enough of my oxycodone...ive been against it from the start...it has always been a love/hate rlelationship between me and my oxy...i love the fact that it takes the pain away but i hate what it does to my body...im tired of the dry skinned..chapped lips...plugged butt...itchy skin...nausea...im only 12 days post op but i think its time for me to start winging myself off of them...Last night was horrible for me...i normally take 10mg of oxycodone every 4 hours or as needed...but i called myself only taking half...and that was the worst mistake because it made me feel high...i was loopy and when i tried to lay down the room just began spinning...my mom threw ice packs at me to throw me into shock and thats what brought me back down into reality...i know i cant stop cold turkey but it has to be something else besides these strong narcotics..maybe i might turn into a real life hippie and consider edible marijuana..after all i am a hippie anyways..idk..im just tired of pills

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I haven't taken any narcotics from day 2 post op. I was so nauseous and flipped out in my head when put on it in hospital, my doctor told me I didn't have to take it. I was put on strong Codeine and it worked fine. I didn't take anything after about 3 weeks and managed the pain ok. I think that we expect to be in horrendous pain after such a big op, but it is bearable pain. I hope you can come off it soon, good luck with recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.