Have anterior urethral Stricture

Posted , 9 users are following.

Was diagnosed of urethral Stricture and i was told i have 2 options . To either self dilate once  daily or urethrotomy surgery. I choose the self dilation and have been fine for 4 months until recently it appears the stricture got tighter and my bladder have been hurt several occasions after urinating and maybe when i take citric fruits or juice.

Because this is hurting my bladder i might be looking at taking the surgery option to prevent causing further harm to my bladder.Will be meeting my urologist soon but am curious to know how the urethronomy  surgery is and post patient feelings short and long term. Is a difficult situation for anyone to have the penis sliced to perform the surgery . Are there any patient who has done this surgery, how was your urine flow and sex life after surgery.

Also i read there is also a risk of a re-occurrence from 1 year to 10 years . Just curious and hoping to get all the help i can get as i know the urologist don't tell everything and the are always in a hurry to see another patient 

2 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello everyone, i did like to share an update on my current situation . I am currently stricture free and is a miracle, this may sound absurd for some people as doctors only advice you on how to manage your stricture once is past 6 months since there is no cure for stricture.

My case is different as i am a Christian and i got closer to God by fasting and praying as my health was giving me more concern especially at my age 34 yrs. As i fasted and prayed for days, reading the bible consistently  i immediately got healed and i felt a strong urine flow without using the catheter after using it for about 9 months  . I channeled the energy i used in researching about stricture to reading the bible, worshiping Jesus, fasting and praying and i felt a miracle .

I went for my doctors follow up around the first week of April 2018 and while the nurses was prepping me for a Cystoscopy exam and a bladder examination i told her i had a believe this time my result will be clear. The same doctor who confirmed i had neurogenic bladder and anterior stricture who was about to measure the length of my stricture after examination told me am all clear. I asked him if he believed in miracles that God had performed miracles on me, to my surprise he said he believed and that i no longer have a stricture . The nurse was so amazed because she usually found it difficult passing the jelly through my penis because of the stricture but this time it was easy for her and she also agreed that she believed in miracles . Jesus is real 

I am a witness of diving healing and if i was free from a deadly disease, you also can be free from whatever illness or condition you are facing. The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy but Jesus came so he can give life abundantly- John 10:10.  All you need to do is to turn to Jesus.

I needed to share this because it will be so selfish of me to be healed and not provide this feedback as my condition was deteriorating everyday and i was considering having a surgery . I remembered to provide this feedback when the catheter company called me yesterday to confirm they are sending the supplies in a weeks time as my previous supply should finish soon ...i gladly told them am free from the Stricture and won't be needing any.

I hope this could help encourage someone as there is always someone to run to when all hope seems to be lost. Jesus is the way, the truth and the light ..I am a witness .

• Posted

That is wonderful.  I certainly believe it’s possible. 

How long was your stricture and where was it located?  What size catheter were you using to dilate? 

• Posted

It happened to me and anything is possible if you believe in almighty God.

​The third Cystoscopy test I had in April was to measure the Stricture length but God took it away.

​I used a Magic 3 female Catheter(FR 14) since it was located at the anterior part 

• Posted

Hello Jessy03690

When I was super young I went through hypospadia surgery. The reason being was to lengthen my urethra as it was too short. Just recently I started having problems urinating and eventually it came to the point where I couldn’t pee at all. Because the option of surgery is a no go I’m told to dilate every 3-4 days. I use an fr14 catheter and I only go in about 2”. It seems to be working as of now.

As for surgery for you usually it’s 50/50. There is always chance of scar tissue coming back because that’s what happened to me. The way I see it is if you under go the surgery it’s worth it to be even 10 years free from dilating. And if you need to under go it again I’d say do it.

• Posted

How old are you?  Why is surgery a no go for you?  

Your story is similar to mine and I only have to go in about 1.5 inches myself. 

• Posted

Im 28, surgery is a no go for me because my urethra has already be reconstructed once and the surgeon figures they don’t want to risk the integrity of it by reconstructing it again.

I use a catheter every 5 days now just to dilate and tbh it’s not to big of a deal. Sometimes it’s tough to get it in but other days it’s super smooth.

• Posted

I am so happy the doctor does not want to do surgery again.  Did you have a end to end or did you have a graft.  Dilation is the best for you maybe you can use different size catheters to open you up some and it may make it easier to do the catheter.  Good luck  Ken.  I have a stricture just before the prostate. I have be lucky over the last couple of yours.  I have had some surgery was told by my doctor I could only have a 12 or 14 F coude catheter.  I missed off this one doctor when I was bleeding and I had to have emergency surgery for bleeding.  They did not know why.  I would not let him touch me until he sign a paper that my prostate was not to be cut for any reason.  It turn out to be blood clogs on my prostate. He burned them I have to have a 24 hour flush. He put in a 28 F catheter  That thing was big and when it came out it was like a suction cup.  I have not had a problem with it.  My doctor just did a scope on me a few weeks ago and it is still open.  Good luck  Ken
    • Posted

I’m pretty sure it was a graft but the whole urethra had to be rebuilt. A size 28 catheter?! Omg mine would of snapped if that was put in.

I use FR 14s. That’s the max I’m allowed to go without causing potential damage.

• Posted

Did they take skin from the inside of your mouth.  That would be the graft.  I would never let them do a end to end.  One guy had it done and the doctor took 3 inch off his urethra.  He had trouble having sex with his wife.  Was he p****d.  The doctor told him that he would not take more then a inch.  Have you thought about the medal rods for dilation.  I know they make them in different size.  How big was the stricture and where was it.  Mine is just before the prostate.  When my doctor first found it He told me that I could not have anything bigger then a 14Fr coude catheter.    Yes that catheter they but in was a 3 way.  It took the nurse 2 try's to pull it out.  The only things that p****d me off was it made my pee hole bigger.  I have to sit to pee because it sprays all over.  Hope things get better for you.  Your so young to have this kind of problem  Ken.   

• Posted

They grafted skin from my mouth. They had to make it longer because I was born with such a short urethra.
    • Posted

My structure is about 12mm long and it starts at the tip of my penis.
    • Posted

I looked up 12 MM it's about a inch long.  So your stricture was in the penis.  I hope they put it together right.  I hope your ok.  I think you are better with just doing the dilation with the catheter.  There is also one my doctor was telling be about.  It is like a dilation but with a balloon to make the stricture bigger.  Good luck  Ken   

• Posted

This is a general comment about urinary strictures, and a possible way to to help prevent their reoccurrence following dilation or a urethrotomy.   A gentleman from Africa posted his comments about HUD, or Hydraulic Urethral Dilation, used by the patient for a month or so following a urethrotomy.   What the patient is instructed to do is to clamp the penis when they start to pee in order to pressurize the urethra and, I presume, stretch the urethra a bit.  I did some searching, and found only a single paper, written by a doctor in Tanzania (Mkony CA,  who was in the Department of Surgery, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam) ) in 1999.   It was a  study of 23 patients, and it claimed some decent effectiveness for keeping the urethra patent (open) following a urethrotomy.  The paper was in the East Afr. Med Journal.
    • Posted

That is worth a try.  It may even help  Thank you Glen  God bless  Ken
    • Posted

That’s something to really consult a doctor about because creating a self blockage and letting your urine pressurize can be very dangerous. You could potentially create a false passage by doing so.
    • Posted

I think I was thinking about something else.  I would not try it.  I think urine would back up and cause more problems  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.