Have been experiencing muscle tremor and shaking for 3 years

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, hope you are doing great. So i have been having the problem with muscle shaking/ tremor for 3 years more. It happened out of all sudden. I feel the shaking start form the joints (wrist, neck, shoulder, hip, etc.) if move them up and hold still or loosen them down. For instance, if i stretch my arms all the way up it is okay, but when i bring them down, i would feel the shaking and it only happens at certain angle. I have done several test ( EMG, NCV, blood test, etc. ) except MRI with negative/normal output results. Also all of those neurologists that i have been to only came up with stress and anxiety.

I am wondering if has anyone here ever experienced this and found out the reason why? Because i am not convinced with stress and anxiety at all . Thank you

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

couldn't not sleep because anxiety and went to a pharmacy and the person who sold the medication told me about how good those pills are concerning sleep, but to take only on s.o.s mode, meaning: not everyday. another doctor told me that i could take it everyday and so i did. basically i felt drugged every time i took those pills and the more anxiety i was felling, the more pills i was taking every single day because it made me sleep. so i started getting weird reaction in my head, my neck and my legs,,,,,but specially in my brain, i felt some kind of earthquake happening every single day. my head would start shaking just like some massage vibrator, but in my head, neck and legs and suddenly i start listening what the they told me at the pharmacy,,only to take on s.o.s, in which case i didn't do. i went to hospital and they found nothing with scans. i went home and decided not to take any more pills to sleep. just try to sleep watching TV and try to relax has much as i could during the day to stop anxiety,,,and it worked,,,it stopped once for all. the medication was my problem

• Posted

I see. The good thing is that you found out the reason and it worked out. That is something i have been wishing for a long time since all of the shaking started to bother me. For my case, the only pill that were prescribed was anti-stress or anti-anxiety ones. But i stopped because nothing worked. It remains the same. Doing exercises is the only thing that somehow make me feel better but it couldn't be strong enough to stop me from thinking about what caused all of this. It is just so frustrating, it really is. Anyways, thank you for sharing your story and congratulations on your recovering !

• Edited

These symptoms do seem to stem from anxiety and stress. You need to find a way to deal with stress. I listen to music and exercise when i can. I also pray.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.