Have Fibromyalgia, Thinking That I Should Not Marry

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am a 36 year old woman and I have come to a place of realizing that I probably would not be able to take good care of children if I had them. And now, I am questioning whether I even have the strength to be a good wife. I can't even take good care of a fish right now. I am having to give my fish back to the pet store. I can't keep up with household chores very well. Also, I am currently unable to work, and this might continue in the future. I have had fibromyalgia for 15 years. Does anyone who met their spouse after a diagnosis have any advice for me as someone who might or might not still consider marriage? I am so tired all the time. I have a romantic heart and I would really like to marry, but I question whether I would make a good wife with this illness. Any advice is appreciated.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you all so much for the wise, loving, caring advice! :-)

I have sometimes suspected that the lack of tolerance for and understanding of my condition meant they just were not the right type of guy for me. I even dated one guy who told me never to tell his parents that I have Fibromyalgia and bipolar disorder (I think he was ashamed of my having those conditions.)

My most recent ex-boyfriend is into mountain climbing. I should have know that dating someone that much more physically active than me wouldn't work!

• Posted

i can understand how u feel, but if the man u marry really loves you. he should take you as ypu are. and accept and understand your condition.of course it will be hard but if he is truly genuine, and marries u for better or worse, he should be there for u. whatever happens

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.