Have got my date for ablation. 4 weeks away!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Totally terrified. I so wish i didnt have to be awake for the ep study but can understand if they sedate me they sedate my heart.

I am going to insist on good sedation if they do ablation. I admit i am phobic about any medical proceedure so cardio will definitrly get the nervous patient he wants for the ep study!

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

3 days to go before my ep study and hopefully my ablation. I stop my verapamil 48 hrs before and hope against hope i dont have any svt or a fib attacks.

I am also taking part in a study to access risk of dvt after catheters in artery and as long as i am not given anti coagulation during ablation i will have blood test and ultrasound before i leave hospital and then ultrasound 10 days later.

Still speechless with terror!

• Posted

Deborah,

I have had 3 attempts. Still no go. I must admit, the process is daunting, but it really is not as bad as your mind makes it out to be. Laying for several hours is one of the worst. Hopefully you have something to eat, and take something to pass the time.

\good luck, and let us know how you made out

• Posted

The laying for hours is what has stopped me going for it as i have very bad disc problems in all my spine so i will have consequences from staying flat for hours. They will give me pain relief but that doesnt help the knock on effect.

Sorry to hear they have not managed to trigger an attack with you so they can do ablation, must be so frustrating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.