have had generalised anxiety disorder for a year not coping

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have had depression for 6 years and last year got diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder. I have tried sertraline, citalopram and now on fluoxetine they help my depression but not my anxiety. I am on a waiting list to see a occupational therapist, as I cannot go anywhere on my own and when I am out which isnt alot as I spend most of my days inside as I feel safer. I sweat alot on my face when I am out and I know its down to my anxiety but I cant relax when I am out and I spend so long getting ready doing my make up etc just for it to sweat all off. Thats why I dont go out as I know I am going to sweat and its controlling my life. I hate going out now I basically have no life.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rachel

I went undiagnosed from 15 to 32(was 15 back in 1983)with what I now know is Social Anxiety Disorder and Severe Depression....To cut a long story short I have been on 5 Anti Depressants, Beta blockers and a Tranquiliser...They either worked briefly or made me unwell.

After exhausting the regular meds I went back to self medicating at 35...became very ill...luckily when I came out of Hospital my GP referred me to a Methadone Clinic...I'm 45 and have a life now...best way I can describe it is I feel like a normal person should feel...sad from time to time...anxiety now and then...but all under control and manageable.

Everyday for 20 years I battled these horrible afflictions and had NO life...I would never had thought that I would ever feel/act/behave normal on a prescription medication...I only wish that there where clinical trials on the good methadone does for depression and anxiety...and with not ONE side effect in all these years...It also doesn't damage any internal organs and is non toxic.

One more thing if you Google-Methadone Depression Issues-you will read many stories like mine...If you want to talk just let me know!

Daz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.