Have i contacted genital herpes from oral sex even though I haven't developed a cold sore?

Posted , 12 users are following.

9 days ago (on a Thursday) my partner gave me oral sex with a visible cold sore on her lip. We also kissed for a prolonged period of time. On the Saturday my left inner thigh became quite sensitive to touch. Since then I've developed a bad sore throat and generally feel run down (although I had felt like i could have been going down with something before hand). Since Sunday, I've experienced moderate tingling/burning that has moved around from my hands, inner thigh, backs of legs, knees, forearms, shins and feet. On Wednesday of this week I went to the doctors who prescribed me bacterial antibiotics for the sorethroat. She took my temperature which was fine. I mentioned I had tingling skin but she said it could all be part of feeling unwell. Apart from a reddish scrotum, there are no visible sores or spots in the areas which tingle/burn and this tends to move around during the day. I don't suffer from cold sores but vaguely remember having one about 20 years ago. My question is does this sound like the onset of genital herpes or would have i seen blisters by now (9 days) or developed a cold sore on my lip too? I intend to go back to the docs once my antibiotics have finished but increasingly panicking in the meantime!

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the same thing happen to me my daughter dad. had an active cold sore on his mouth at the time of giving my oral sex.I didn't see it until after we were done. Since then I had an outbreak on my genitals that tingles and is sensitive to touch.i was test for everything thing bck in August and everything was negative.so I'm freaking out about having any kind of herpes from receiving oral with him having a cold sore

• Posted

Hey man by any chance do you have any updates ? I’m having the same thing your having.
  • Posted

Hey man by any chance do you have any updates ? I’m having the same thing your having I just want to have some kind of clue of what to expect since we have the same symptoms.  
  • Posted

I know this is an old post, but I’m in a similar scenario. What was your outcome if you don’t mind? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.