Have I had a mild heart attack?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm looking for some opinions here because I'm worried sick following and A&E admission a couple of days ago. Last week whilst sitting I developed this excruciating chest pain. Sharp pain through to the back and radiating up to my jaw only. It lasted a couple of hours and I put it down to reflux/indigestion which I've never experienced. Thot nothing else of it. On tues I was admitted to A&E with ongoing palpitations which lasted about 12 hours. ECG showed back to back ectopics. Bloods and echo normal. Went home with holter tape. ETT was ok but doc says I've got benign ventricular ectopy. One of the docs in A&E said my chest pain last week could have been MI but echo was normal and the cons didn't mention it again. I'm now petrified I've had a mild heart attack. I feel really stressed about it. My cons didn't mention it when I saw him yesterday and I wish I had asked. Not seeing him for 3months. Any advice?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think from what I've read, high troponin levels (which can be an indicator of having had a heart attack) can show up in your bloods up to 2 weeks after s heart attack. My bloods were taken only 5 hrs after the onset of symptoms and should have been repeated at about 12 hrs but they weren't. My chest and back pain was a dull ache rather than sharp. Apparently sharp pains are usually not an indicator of a heart attack so that is one good thing for you. I'm also only 33 but my family history of heart attacks is awful. My mum died at 45. I'm actually really scared about what I'm going to find out next week after having my CT angiogram

• Posted

I can understand why you're so scared. Especially having a family history of heart disease. I fortunately don't have that strong family history but can fully understand your worry after my experience. I wish I could say something to reassure you but I don't know enough about it all tbh. Let us know how things go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.