Have the DWP brought in ESA re-assessments for the Support Group yet?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm still on DLA High Rates on both Components, and Contribution-Based ESA in the Support Group.

I know the government is bringing in ESA re-assessments for claiments in the Support Group, which I may add totally contradicts what is was originally created for. I know it is due, but I was just wondering if and when?

I see many people on the Forums asking questions regarding new ESA Claims, but as of yet I have not seen anyone that has been asked to attend a re-assessment in the Support Group of ESA.

I have had people ask me how can I be in the Contribution-Based ESA and in the Support Group.

Well, I have worked in the past and paid Tax and National Insurance, and the condition I suffer from is rare, which affects the nervous system, and caused other problems like Epileptic seizures, Functional Episodes, Panic attacks, Anxiety, chronic depression (to the point where I am a danger to myself and others around me) and is progressively becoming  worse over the years.

All this happened from an accident in my early 20's, and took Neurologists nearly 2 years to diagnose, back then I was only the 7th known case in the UK.

So, getting back on track - do you know or are you going through a re-assessment for ESA, and that are in the Support Group?

Regards,

Les.

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

And then we have the scallies, those that seem to enjoy a trouble free lifestyle, money always available, and never have problems that create great emotions.

They go through life doing what they want generally at the expense of others. They see weakness in others as the opportunity to take andvantages for themselves.

Sometimes I would love them to have to suffer poor health, loss of close family and no money.

• Posted

Hi Les,

I totally agree with you on every word of that post. It's a shame we have to live in a world like this.

I know we all have our fair share of bad luck which seems to last a lifetime, but I always think there must be people out there worse than ourselves.

In some respects I am glad I am alive, but it's the pain we must suffer just to live.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Les,

I've never anything ever or see. Something so mixed up before I've had a very happy childhood it was bless and my parents gave us every we ever wanted yes they spoiled us in a good way I mean not with presents at birthdays or Christmas but with what every single child in the world should have and That's love and two loving caring parents I've read all your posts here and it's hard for me to try and understand the hurt pain and suffering I've never experienced it until I was 29 years old before that it was perfect I don't know how you cope me asking and saying my life ? Was it a good idea making you pour out your grief too me and ours as you said it was locked away I've tried too block it all out all before but it never worked for me every one copes differently wirh loss or do they ? I ask that question before with myself or Iam just existing as

The years go it's just seems too get harder when I was a boy I thought everyone lived forever no such thing as dying it never happened too my close family until I hit 29 it did work force.

Your posts are very moving and makes me think about life and death hurt and loss your older experience more.

I look at the world so different now it's mad totally crazy mixed up

Regards

Paul

• Posted

Hi Paul,

Ignore, that last message, I was in bed at the time typing on my iPad, course it’s small – I was drowsy from my meds so I fell asleep and it posted by mistake. Teach me to go to bed and not start writing messages. It’s happened a few times, once was on Facebook – I was chatting to a friend and got halfway through a message, and thought I had sent it. The following day… I looked on Facebook, yeah, and sent the message with a load of random letters! I fell asleep again.

Sorry another long one...

I do not mind telling you about my life and how I have coped with some extreme cases I blocked out, until the later part of last year when I did have a total breakdown – needless to say, I told my wife everything that I had put up a front. Okay, it helped for a while – but deep down, things keep building up over the years, I suppose it was my way of dealing with it all. There must be a point when everyone breaks, and mine just happened to be last year. Who knows how people deal with matters throughout their lives, it is one subject you are never taught. Everyone is different, and coping with loss in different ways, the way I coped I personally think was wrong – having a major breakdown in front of the whole family – not only frightened myself but my whole family because none of them had seen me like it before. I am a very easy going placid person, so you can imagine the difference when the breakdown occurred. My doctor asked me to write down everything that was going on in my head, some of the things shocked my wife, she didn’t know I was still grieving over things that happened years ago.

To be honest, I thought my childhood was normal. My brother was very ‘timid’ and easily led by people. While I was really outgoing and down to earth sort of person (we were totally different), my wife and I, have brought up our children to be open and they can come and ask us, about anything and not feel embarrassed or uncomfortable about any subject.

I lost my first grandmother just after leaving school, I never met my grandads – one was killed in World War II and the other died in a motorcycle accident. But back then my emotions were never as bad as they are now, whether that is because I have never seen so much of death from children to adults close to me, I do not know. I lost 3 good school friends before I was twenty, it was a shock.

Like normal families back then, we had birthday and Christmas presents, and always had a choice of an annual of any comic or the Guinness Book of Records, which I found interesting. In those days we had no internet so it was usually trips to the library on a Saturday morning, I suppose in a way because I was older than my brother I felt out of place looking through books in the children’s section.

It did not really sink in to me, until I moved out and moved in with my soon to be wife and in-laws. Only then did I see my parents from a different perspective – my dad that used to always praise me up, totally changed, and to this day I never did find out. My brother also noticed my dad had changed towards me, it felt like I had done something wrong, to this day I never did find out why. It felt like they had disowned me, because I had moved on in my life. My dad even had the cheek to phone me and ask for me to pay half the phone bill and half the TV Licence, of course I refused because I had not lived there for about 3-4 months.

Now when my brother moved out, it was a totally different matter, they arranged days to take him and his girlfriend out to dinner, all paid by him! We still made the effort to still visit them, even when we started having our children, my dad was so rude to our eldest boy, he would deliberately put a newspaper up pretending to read it.

In a way, our parents loved us – but it was not a close knitted relationship, and you felt uneasy to ask about certain subjects, or tell them if anything had happened to you. It wasn’t until my mid-forty’s that I found out my brother was sexually abused by a neighbour, even though I got my brother to contact the Police, they talked him out of it, because he was also trying to stabilise his diabetes. My brother would have never said anything to our parents, and to be honest I don’t even know how they would have reacted – in that sense they were unapproachable, old fashioned by a few decades.

People I have spoken to over the internet, politically correct the “web”, have always said I am an interesting person to talk to and have a huge knowledge about most things. I delve in to parts of the net where most people do not go or even know about. A few years ago now, someone asked me did I know about the Fred West serial killer, the fact was I knew him in my late teens, myself and a couple of friends used to drink with him. I was shocked when I saw him on the news, for being a serial killer. Then again, he was a strange character he used to offer us £50 to meet his wife… I never went but a friend did and Fred dropped him back off the following morning, but my mate was that drunk he didn’t remember a thing! That was a close call though… People I have known over the years and are now in prison are unreal, and it is people that I least expected to see on National News.

Do I mind telling you all about my life? no of course not, if I did I would have said so – okay there was a few emotional moments yesterday because that was some of the saddest parts of my life. I never normally talk about my nephew passing away, which was one of the most harrowing experiences apart from dad passing away.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Les,

Don't worry the drugs have strange effects on me too which are odd no I like reading about people's lives it interesting and sad your case springs to mind it's good to open up ones mind too everything if it helps I don't judge anyone or anything I do question what I read in the news but that's a another matter.

Fred worked on our local supermarket at time and it was reported in the local rag when I was working as a courier I would vist everyday a warehouse got too know the lads working there one of them used too work with Fred's son small world.

One thing I've found over the time being ill at home is that my dog has become a great comfort too me he's very much a mans dog he tends too be at my side all the time and he acts concerned with Iam shouting aloud in pain which is most days he's the world too me had dogs all my life can't see life without time he knows so much time for food I have a coffee in the afternoon and he always gets a little treat come four o'clock he's barking telling me amazing what they know and feel like humans do

Regards

Paul

• Posted

Hi Paul,

We have a dog, only a little one though, we used to  have a German Shepherd and everybody loved him. He was rescued from a cruel environment, he was okay with them until he start losing dog shows, then they started abusing him, he had bad hips where they had rounded off from constant kicking. How people can be so cruel I will never know.

We took him in, got him checked out at our vets, had him chipped and all injections to bring him up to date on everything. We've always had a thing about feeding our pets on Hills Science Diet, dry food. He was well looked after regular walks in the fields that go for miles out the back from us. He was really soft with the boys, we didn't have our daughter back then. We got photos of him asleep on the floor with one of our boys sleeping on him. He was too frightened at first to even bark, but after about a month we got him barking, even though he was fully grown, we were still able to train him. Towards the end, he was only 11 years old, but quite old for a large dog that had bad back legs, he couldn't even stand in the end, had bad eyesight, internal organ failure so we had to take him to the vet to have him put down. We were devestated and we had to pick the boys up on the way home, course they knew from his collar and chain in the back that he had passed away.  It took us a long time to get over him, he was part of the family.

Several years went by and our eldest son wanted to buy us a St. Bernard puppy, yes very expensive and costs loads in vet bills - it was nice of him to offer but we could not handle a large puppy. A few weeks later our son brought around our house another dog, it was a puppy but sat our 3 seater-sette and took the whole sofa up. He told us the owner lived 2 doors up from his girlfriends house and they were wondering if our son knew of anyone that would take him in... He was huge for nine months old, but he was a Newfoundland Dog called Tyson, I could not get over the size of him, we took care of him he was fully trained already so my wife did not mind walking him, but it would take her a hour to get around the block because so many children and people were making a fuss of him. Weird dog though, had webbed feet, when the woman came to collect him we asked her why he had webbed feet, she said it aids them when swimming, he was going through to Swindon as a rescue dog... I asked how much a puppy of one of them cost, she come back with a price variation on the Sire and Dame Certificates but you're looking at the best part of £600 - £800... wow  Anyway, she took him back and sent us photographs of various stages until he reached 3 years old, at which time they are fully grown and trained to rescue at sea and large lakes. Beautiful dog... amazing temperament, was a big softie when we had him for just 2 weeks.

After that we decided to look for a dog, not a big one - just a small one. Our eldest son found a couple that were moving to Bourton-on-the-water from Tetbury, but they were not allowed pets in the new premises. We were a bit unsure of the dog, it was only a short-legged Jack Russell which had been rescued after the owner broke his back leg because he thought it had attacked one of his pigeons, it turned out to be the wrong pup.

Anyway, we already have two cats and a Rosella Prakeet in the house, and introducing a dog in to the family, he was fully house-trained but we were a bit skeptical at first. Anyway, we went and collected him, he was used to driving, the guy that was moving was an HGV driver all over the UK. My son pulled up on our drive, and the little dog came running into the house, we were told he had been trained by a ball - he totally ignored both cats but was mesmerized by our bird, obviously never seen one in a cage before.

After, an hour we decided we would have him, all he wanted was to play ball with him. He's about 5 years old now, and has such a great character. He has never bitten anyone, not even young children and we have plenty of them from our nieces. He is such an amazing dog, if you pretend not to look at him he goes and gets his ball and throws it himself, both cats sleep on his pillow with him, he doesn't mind at all. The stupid part is he hates pigeons and seagulls, he chases them off the garden, but they only sit on the fence then which he can't reach anyway, so he just barks at them.

In the summer, he takes his ball outside the backdoor, sat down waiting for someone to go out and play with him. You can sit in the garden and he will play feth for hours, I mean hours. One of our nieces was throwing the ball up the garden for over 6 hours one afternoon. I wouldn't be without him now, he does some such funny things. If its raining outside, then he refuses to go out, eventually my wife puts one of his coats on. He got a new Minion one for Christmas and a new Kong large ball.

Oscar tells us when its dinnertime...he doesnt bark though, he just runs backwards and forwards to the kitchen, I actually mean he run's backwards, it is hilarious to watch! We have to buy Kong dog toys, because all other makes he destroys!!lol A standard tennis ball is shredded in about 5 minutes.

Oscar tends to follow my wife around, but now she gets tired of it, because it's not only him doing hes first followed by the cats.lol  If my wife goes to the toilet, she opens the door and the dog and two cats are all sat there. If someone knocks the door I only have to call him and he sits on my lap, until I say down.

They say dogs are intelligent I couldn't agree more there...

Oh I told you all about my brother this morning, there is one story I have not told you, it will completely confuse the hell out of you. It was published in weekly magazines, it is not to do with any one on my side of the family, it is on my wife's side.

It's a story that beats them all, but I'll write it later - it is one story that goes beyond belief - which is why it hit the headlines in the media. I'll change the names so the people are anonymous, but it will make no difference to what split us (as in my wife and I) up with another part of the family.

It's tru dogs are for life though....

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Les ,

He's my best friend I choose too lose contact with the group I use too go see the Arsenal in London was nice day out but being in a company of lads in pubs we would always up on long benders cost a small fortune never saw a game sober took wife once she suffered the next few days the good old days seem like a distant memories now work the same I've had dreams where I was working only too wake up and think why would I dream that for ? Funny thing yesterday as I was doing the online shopping ordered toilet rolls there have a review of the item started to read a few people nosing about less paper something like 234 sheets and the old item has 243 sheers someone has counted the sheets and worked out less for your money I mean it s money down the toilet anyhow it made me laugh all day funny how small little things make ones laugh we both have high jacked the post about benefits lol

Oh well

Regards

Paul

• Posted

Hi Paul,

That is quite funny, a bit of a coincidence though as well – we normally shop online only on Sunday we did not, we had a lot left over from Christmas, because we have two freezers (a lot to lose if the electric went, then again we are compensated for it with our Distribution Network). Anyway, my wife decided to drive over to Tesco’s and do a bit of shopping in the actual shop – it was not worth spending over £40 for a delivery slot.

Anyway, she come home put everything away and it was around 11.40pm – all I heard was “Oh, no – don’t say I’ve done that!” I had no clue what she was referring to, until she come back in from the car. She said, I don’t believe it I paid for it all and left the toilet rolls behind! She said I wouldn’t have minded if it was a cheap pack, but it wasn’t, it was an Andrex 9-Roll pack. I said well it doesn’t bother me I don’t use toilet rolls, because I always use the bidet, course women still need toilet paper! Lol

On the Sunday morning she phoned the large store, and asked if they had been handed in at Customer Services, they took her receipt number, how much they cost which was £4.50 and our telephone number and told her they would phone her back if they can find them. About 10 minutes later they phoned back, they had been handed in to Customer Services, so my wife asked if she cannot make it to the store today (Sunday they close earlier) then could she collect them on Monday, they said yes, no problem at all madam.

Anyway, getting back to what I was going to tell you – you might get lost because it is really complex, and if think my family was weird (well, they were to a degree!), then this is unreal and the child involved, to this day does not know the real truth.

Before I begin, the family moved away from this area because too many people knew them and the real truth, and they did not want it getting out – we know where they are anyway, it’s not that difficult to trace people on the internet as some people think. And, there is me, I know a lot more than people think. Anyway, here we go…

The Strangest Story you will probably read!

Right, my brother-in-law (as in my wife’s eldest brother) was married to a woman we’ll call her Amber too make life easier, and her husband Adam. Okay, they have a family of 3 children the eldest of which is a girl called Katrina. So, far so good – nothing abnormal. A few months go by and Katrina marries a guy called Brian, and they have a boy called Karl.

Now, all seems okay, but what you do not know is Katrina’s husband then starts having an affair with her mother (Amber). Hope I have not lost you yet…lol Because it is about to become a bit complex.

Okay, one morning Adam receives a letter in the post from a solicitor stating he must move out the house, leaving his wife and children, two boys left because their sister is married to Brian. Once Adam moves out then Amber has Brian move in with her (Yes, you read that correct Katrina’s husband is now living with her mother!).

Okay, it does not stop there they pressure her daughter to give up her little boy Karl… Then, Brian divorces Katrina and marries her mother Amber, and living with their boys including Karl.

The Katrina gets a new boyfriend called Tom, they have two girls together. But the relationship breaks down. This time Katrina is that fed up with men she starts a relationship with another girl.

In the meantime, Brian and Amber get married.

Now, here is a question for you?

What does Karl call the woman living in the house with his dad? Would it be Grandmother, Step-mother or mother? That boy, Karl is now 15 and still does not know the truth because of what his grand-mother done.

Now, that is what you call a totally screwed up family!

Now, Paul can you beat all that? LOL What happens when, or if that boy finds out the truth, his real mother would be on the Birth Certificate.

I did say it was complex…!

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Another way of looking at is this:

Karls real mother is also is step-sister! eekrolleyes

• Posted

Les,

What a very odd story sounds like something you watch on channel 5 TVs or the Jeremy Kyle show lol should not laugh as its real one mixed up family heading for disaster after another why would someone want too do that ? Completely bizarre I do wonder about people sometimes

My life must be really boring lol

Regards

Paul

• Posted

Hi Paul,

It is a very odd family, even the mother tried to con £3,000 out of her daughter, to pay for his upbringing. Her daughter called the Police because of the nature and all the wording was disgusting on texts she had from her. She didn't even know how she managed to get her mobile phone number.

I certainly would not want to be in any part of that family, that's for sure.

It was actually published in a magazine! The daughter had the interview, and gave them photos to use on the frontpage. What made it even worse was her mother worked in the main local shop and the magazine with her face on the front was staring at her for a whole week!! I guess that is what they call payback is a *****! LOL.. wink

Had to book our Motability Car in today, for it's 2 year service, at the end of this year, it goes back. Changing your car every 3 years is a pain, looking for a new vehicle, does it have enough room to carry all my aids - nothing is simple. It's like my wife said it would be easier if we could just keep the same car, and just take it in for MOT's.

I have to keep a calendar now, I enter all appointments in it, not just mine, but my wifes as well, along with servicing of different aids on the property. The Telecare system as backup batteries in the strap on my wrist, in the smoke alarm and on the dialing box itself. They actually call us and arrange when new batteries are required, because the device actually dials out and informs their main call center in Bristol.

I heard a Wessex Helicopter land at the NATO base today, that usually means some VIP is visiting the area, sometimes royalty or one of the government bodies. We get to know usually later in the day on the news. Now, look at them ordering £80 million worth of planes, so they are abandoning their small planes and Wessex helicopters - and paying all that out, and thats to make our country better by what, oh yes - more carbon emissions from their larger planes and huge diesel cars!!

Am I the only one that see's the stupidity of the government?

Oh well, well off topic I agree, but it all involves us....

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

And my step son's ex marries a guy and they have 2 children. She divorces him and meets her new beau who she marries and has a further two children. The third husband then has a complete sex change into a woman!!

What relationship is she (he) to their two children? Dad? Mum? Ironically she (the wife) is exceedingly happy with him now being a woman in that they share clothes together.

And not that bad, but for the first 40 years of my life I was always told that my 2nd cousin was my mother's aunty's son.

Turns out that he was in fact my mother's brother.

• Posted

Les,

Don't we live in a strange decade or century? When I was young nothing like this went on, well that is what we were led to believe. If people were "coming-out" as they state it was much later...

Some stars admitted it, but not many of your close family would - these days many things have changed, especially culture.

Take Halloween, unheard of in the UK - Then E.T was released, showing us the American ways, then it all started over here.

It seems whatever goes on in the US, must be copied in the UK.

Take Air Force One the Presidents plane, over here MP's and Royalty used either cars or planes to the larger airports then they transfer to Wessex helicopters to the nearest NATO bases in the UK to be closer to the venues. We see them all the time. Now, You got the PM and Royals all wanting their own planes clocking up an £88 million bill - how is that fair on British people, it certainly does not help us.

This country used to be great back in the 60's/70's with street parties, etc... these days, if you're on the streets you have to watch out for people wanting to beat the hell out of you, or stab you - and our PM calls this  "a better Britain" - where does he look, not at his own country that's for sure.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

Les

If you look more into it the PM models himself on the USA president the way he goes about speaking sleves rolling up team 2020 the way the NHS is going down the private investment road in the back door with very little fuss.

Americanism is all over British life like a horrible cancer children having proms nights fast food outlets in everybody's town at least no guns which I guess is a control over the people rather than a clam too arm

• Posted

Les

No such thing as climate change its another tax like the tv license is a con

Dad ordered a car but it he died before it arrived sad he was so looking forward to be able to move around and try and get his mobility back.

No your not take only one who see it with the government most People are brainwashed into thinking everything they see or read is real political parties just want your vote that's all as soon as they in power how many times go back on there promises

I don't trust any of them

Paul

• Posted

Hi Paul,

I know theres no such thing as Climate Control, a bad example was their dumb meeting in France. All had private jets and diesel cars, how much damage did all that do to the so-called "Climate Control".

The EU is just as bad, we are told it costs £55 million a day to stay in it. And, now cameron is selling off most industries to other countries. I was under the impression that the public had the last say whethe or not we stay in the EU, not ministers!

My wife hates politics, so I don't any issues with her, but behind it all we all feel the same way.

This is a funny little story about what was on Tv and in Newspapers - it was about that a leaked document got on the web some how and is helping people who are claiming PIP to easily get it. When I heard that, I just laughed - if that document was classed as leaked I dread to think how bad their security is for this country. The actual document in question was on their own website and was even being called up in Google, it was not rocket-science to find it.

It's the same when we see on the news "There are whistle-blowers in the NHS", this was announced at the same time when hospital were on emergency staff. But, what they did not tell us was ATOS  was given a lump sum to buy out some paramedics to work for them, offering them an extra £6,000 a year! Which in that job would work out at about £30k and a 9-5 shift, much better hours and pay, well over 350 left the NHS, it was found on an internal email which was not to go public!

There is so many lies in the media it is unreal. They even make stories look worse than they really are. If you believe everything in our papers and on TV, honestly you would be afraid to eat or even drink.

Did you know smoking is bad for you? Now, that contradicts that it was good for you to smoke in the 50's and 60's!! Go figure... what's changed, oh yes the amount of tax on every packet sold! When I was at school 20 cigarettes cost 27 pence!! We could buy huge cigars and still have plenty of change for sweets covered in sugar! rolleyesloleek

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

You have hit the nail on the head

Les I read and view a lot those conspiracy theories from 9/11 7/11 etc lot of people making money from spreading so called truths I wonder why we have mi5 mi6 have not closed the sites down or look into where the leaks are coming from could be all shills or a stool pigeons gchq is a high tech surveillance

Does make me wonder what's the truth or lies false flags ops

Does make you wonder who's telling the truth is it just too keep us under control ?? I wonder

Regards

Paul

• Posted

I was going to message you... but noticed you have PM's turned off...

I thought I was the only that did things like that! lol Mines back on now but I had it disabled for awhile during my breakdown.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.