haveing a total hysterectomy tuesday

Posted , 10 users are following.

iam due to go in on tuesday 5/05/15 for a total abdominal hysterectomy i really want to back out.i have an ovaien cyst size of a 35 week pregance.iam over weight also have gallstones panic attacks ibs and fybromialge.im frighten that im going to die or somthink silly hate being away from home.worried somethink will go wrong.im 39 none smoker dnt drink.fairly fit just over weight 18stone.help please

1 like, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Ah, that's great.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.  xxx
  • Posted

Morning Sally,

I keep thinking about you and wondering if you are ok.It has now been 1 week since your op and we haven't heard from you.I hope that you didn't back out and are too freighted to tell us.If you did go ahead,hope it went well and you are progressing ok with your recovery.Please let us now either way as we will all support you what ever.Hope to hear from you soon.

Luv

Teresa

xxx

• Posted

You've echoed my thoughts Teresa, I was thinking about Sally yesterday.

Are you ok Sally, like Teresa has said, let us know one way or another, even if you backed out at the last moment, no-one is going to judge.

Phoebe xx

• Posted

Hi Teresa

I have looked each day for Sally to write a post, Hopefully sh is recovering and dosn't feel up to doing much at the moment. I will keep looking each day.

speak to you soon

Nikki xx

• Posted

Morning Nikki,

I just thought i would message her as she has had a week to let us all know. Can't stop as i am going out to lunch again.Feeling quite tired now

as i am still not sleeping very well.My legs are aching a lot as well but i didn't do much the weekend.

Take care

Luv

Teresa

xxx

• Posted

Yes, I must admit that now I'm a good few weeks after surgery and gradually getting back to a normal life, I still feel the worry and anxiety that everyone who is about to have, or has just had this op is feeling, and I have been thinking about you Sally as you were so worried.  I didn't have the same op as you did, but the wonderful women on this forum have been through everything and back again, and if you are having any troubles this is a good place to come for support, even if you decided not to go ahead.  Hope you're feeling OK and on road to recovery.  xx
  • Posted

please just check in and tell us you are OK - hopefully on the way to recovery
  • Posted

Same here! I ve been looking to see how Sally is, hopefully she's ok. I do hope she lets us know soon
  • Posted

Hi ladys

so sorry i havent replyed to you all its been a very dayz week.

yes i did have surgery on tuesday a week today surgery went well was very poorly blood pressure dropped to low most days i faint.also had a very upset tummy they left the drain in for most of my stay i came home saturday with wee bag in lol.had a bigger cut as cyst was biggest they had seen weighing just under 2.stone.i tho hormones had kicked in in hospital but havent had any since home.went back yesterday for wee bag out but been leakimg watery stuff since last night so may see gp.tomo.i feel well weak but well in hospital i tho i was doing crap but better now iam home.im glad its done but is a very long road to recovery.

thank you all for your support.xxxx

• Posted

Wow that's a huge cyst! What a weight!!! Glad your ok though and now on the mend. Did you manage to keep your ovaries in the end?

Take care and take things steady x

• Posted

No had everythk removed feeling ok just wish this leaking woukd stop not sure what it is abit worrieing xxx
    • Posted

Yikes, that was a monster cyst, but as they say Sally 'Better out than in!'  Glad you are now on the road to recovery, take very good care of yourself.

Phoebe xx

• Posted

Hi Sally

So glad you are home.  You must feel as light as a feather after having the monster of all monsters of a cyst removed.  Good job you had the op.  Get lots of rest and drink plenty. 

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

Hi Sally,

Wow! I thought that my fibroid was heavy at just over 6lb but I can't believe your cyst at just under 2 stone.I am glad that you went ahead with the operation as there was no way you could of carried on with that size cyst.I wish you well with your recovery and please make sure you 

keep us posted to let us know how you are getting on.Have plenty of rest and take it easy.

luv

Teresa

xxx

• Posted

Hi. Thought I'd see how you are doing. Have things settled now with leaking? Did you find out what was going on

Hopefully having 2 stone removed from you is making things easier. I'm only 2 days post op so still achy. I've got achy restless legs which is worse than the stomach pain at the mo. Hoping hrt will kick in before I lose all my natural hormone out my system. Hope you OK with it too xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.