haveing a total hysterectomy tuesday

Posted , 10 users are following.

iam due to go in on tuesday 5/05/15 for a total abdominal hysterectomy i really want to back out.i have an ovaien cyst size of a 35 week pregance.iam over weight also have gallstones panic attacks ibs and fybromialge.im frighten that im going to die or somthink silly hate being away from home.worried somethink will go wrong.im 39 none smoker dnt drink.fairly fit just over weight 18stone.help please

1 like, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thinking of you for tomorrow, Relax, think nice thoughts and remember the surgeon,anaesthists,and nurses all know what they are doing they do this sort of thing umpteen time a day, You will be fine, What time do you need to be in hospital ?

Take care and look forward to hearing from you when you get home.

Nikki xx

• Posted

Hi nicola i have to be in for 7.30 gona ask if i can go down first get it over and done with you all are so helpful and kind il keep you posted xxx
    • Posted

Good luck Sally, will be thinking of you tomorrow.  It would be great if you could get 'first down', I was second, and it was great.

Do some meditation it really helps, YouTube have some great ones under Relaxing Meditation.  Let us know how you get on.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

you will be okay, just stay brave, hope to hear from you on the other side.
  • Posted

My hospital don't get the theatre list until 5pm the night before and that is when they start to phone patients to let them know what time to be there the next morning.I went in on April 7th which was also after a bank holiday and because the elective stay surgery doesn't open bank holidays i had the phone call on the previous Thurs to say that i had to be there at 7.15am and i was 5th on the list.When the consultant saw me on thd day he told me i would probably be going to theatre about 12.30pm but the list could change.The lady after me ended up going before me and i finally went down at 5pm.Is there anyone available at your hospital that you could talk to today to try and find out where you are on the list.

xxx

• Posted

Im not sure teresa i was told to just come at 7.30 tomo morning.all ive done alday is cry then family call me to wish me luck and i cry even more.xx why is this so frightening
  • Posted

Good luck for tomorrow. In 24 hours it will all be done and you'll be recovering. Take something to occupy as most hospitals call everyone in at 745 ish for that days list so you could be any point. It may be worth mentioning about anxiety attacks as they may move you sooner. You'll be fine xx
    • Posted

Thank you froggy iam gona ask if i can go first also i dnt want morphine so need to ask what eles i can have.xx
  • Posted

It's norml to cry before, I had a few days once I got home of crying a little like the baby blues, if i didn't have a reason to cry I would find something. Time flies by after  you will notice improvements each day, you will soon be feelling better
    • Posted

Hi judy thank you you guys have helped me the last few day with your advise put my mind at rest.im still frighten to say the least but feel hopefully that il make it tho xxx
  • Posted

Hi everyone im here in hospital going down at 11am feeling strong now i spoke to my surgern an that.xxx
    • Posted

Hi Sally

Hopefully you should be all done now and ready to begin recovery.  Hope everything went well and that you are not in any pain.

Love

Jacqui smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.