Having a hard time accepting this

Posted , 22 users are following.

Ladies i am having a really hard time accepting this new life and new me. I was fine up until December then suddenly one day i had a panic attack ,racing heart and anxiety. I didn't know what it was and called the ambulance . I never in my life had it. Then followed all the crazy symptoms of peri. I am only 44. I am working with a naturopathic dr which is costing me a arm and a leg but feel so much more comfortable with her than my dr who knows nothing about the peri and menopausal women . All she wants to do is push antidepresents which i refuse. I feel like this peri came in my life like a thief in the night and robbed me from my life and womanhood. For you ladies who have lived with this longer than me how do you cope ? How do you accept this ? How long has this plagued your life. I feel so down tonight.

3 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did any of you ladies have issues with loss of appetite?

• Posted

yes I lost lot of weight because I simply don't care for food anymore, I really don't have an appetite most days I just eat because I have to eat.

• Posted

Good but not good. That right now is my biggest issue. I too have lost weight. It's starting to effect me pretty bad, making me weak and no energy.

• Posted

Hello,

Have you tried a meal supplement or tonic. Not sure where you live but in the UK they have tonic that can help to increase your appetite.... May not suit, but just an idea xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.