Having a meltdown....

Posted , 10 users are following.

So guys, I knew I was going to need your support, but maybe not this soon.....I had the audacity to go to the supermarket today, gentle walking for approx 40 minutes. Plus about half an hour light housework, and a catch up with friends, I was driven there and back.....Im now sat in tears of pain and frustration, with an icepack on my knee, waiting for the Codeine to kick in, Im 48 years old, but feel God knows how old, and my TKR is not scheduled until March 2015. All Ican see if the Christmas period looming, all my friends and family partying, and me, party pooper of the year, laid up at home. The one thing I was not prepared for was the emotional turmoil....sorry to be so negative but I'm really struggling tonight.....

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Terri so sorry you are having a hard time. I remember those days completely! You need to be in survival mode

(1) take pain meds. See your doc to get adequate pain relief.

(2) pace yourself. Rest often and try and accept that this is going to be a bit quieter  Christmas. You can make up for it next year.

(3) treat yourself a bit if you can.

(4) try to do some gentle exercises to build your quads up. Maybe see a physio. This will help with your rehab.

Just think, this time next year you will be a new womansmile

Well before then probably.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.