HAVING A PANIC ATTACK RIGHT NOW!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Im having a panic attack attack right now as Im typing this and was hoping someone might have some helpful words to calm me down. Extremely dizzy, shaky, tingly, etc. Help!

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Deep breathing Brian, and put a forgirn language tv on youtube that will get the mind somewhere else...
  • Posted

Hi Brian,

Best thing to do is get yourself a glass of water and open the window a little to get some fresh air. Keep breathing deeply and try and calm yourself down. Don't worry about your symptoms - they will pass.

• Posted

Try and rationalise and lay down, listen to some music or have the TV on and chill out. It will pass ! 
  • Posted

Hi Brian, breath into your stomach fir a count of six hold it for 2 and slowly exhale for count if 8. Focus on something, even your hand or clock and not what your head is saying.

Tell yourself this is a panic attack and will pass, it is nothing that can hurt you in anyway.

the panic attack will peak in 10-15 minutes then subside and go.

• Posted

just relax... i know its hard to do... close your eyes and breath and tell yourself everything is ok nothing to fear. thats helps me a bit. i also write it in a journal on how im feeling. 
  • Posted

Hiya Brian, im having 1 right now as well, just try work on your breathing, I know its hard but please try, I do in for 4 seconds through my nose hold for 3 and out gor 5 through my mouth but just fo whats comfortable for you, hope it passes soon for you smile xx
  • Posted

Hi brian im jasmine i know exactly how you feel just try to relax i know its hard and suck i live with and constant dizziness everyday that just wont go away , try to not stress or worry to much you will be just fine just pray !
  • Posted

Deep breathing and radio. it will soon pass and you'll feel calm again. It can't do you any harm. xx
  • Posted

take deep slow breaths in hold then out Sit quietly or lie down once your breathing is under control tense and relax your muscles systematically one group after the other.

See if that helps

Richard

• Posted

What everyone else already said... Deep breathing and tell yourself you are safe and have nothing to fear, it will pass soon
  • Posted

just try and relax... i know it can be hard to do... close your eyes and try and breath regularly and keep repeating to yourself everything is ok I've nothing to fear. Mostly thats what helps me .  all the best
  • Posted

My mum things that running your wrist under cold water works.  
  • Posted

Tap the bone under your eye, talk to your panick attack and tell it you are ignoring it then imagine u are floating and let the fear ride by! Look up ilovepanicattacks on you tube for some great tips! 
    • Posted

Iv no idea lol I saw it on YouTube and have tried it myself a few times! What is eft? 
    • Posted

Its the practice of tapping in certain points on the body to acheive benefit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.