Having a up and down day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys, every get one of them days when you just feel like screaming, well today is my day, it started off a good day, had a good nights sleep, went to the docs got some answers to questions i wanted.

Tjen i came home to a empty house yet again, i feel as though im going through this all alone. I asked my doc abput my levels being high at 18.53 he said they are high but he has seen higher. Thats not much help for a newbie. Then he said he was send me for a scan, now thats got my brain ticking, why do i need a scan. All tjese things going round in my head. I feel so low at the moment. I just want a good day, i havent had a good day in 6 months

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Helo 

I uderstand where you are coming from. Are you in the UK it sounds as though you maybe.

I feel it would be helpful if you had a copy of your blood reports then posted them onto here in order to get a fuller answer to your queries. I too understand how alone you feel following the sort f treatment that you have described. Try  not to giive up because unless one has ben through this no one can possibly appreciate how we feel.

If you wish you can private message me.

Kind regards

• Posted

Hiya 

Try to find out how high your antibody levels are and if the anas were done.

Mine were high with alow TSH nothig has been dione, it is unacceptable in this day and age.  

• Posted

The tesult he gave me are as follows

Free t4 level. 7 pmo1/L. (9.0. - 22.0 )

TSH. Level. 18.53mu/L. (0.3.35- 5.00 )

I have only had the one test as im newly diagnosed. Sorry anout the rant earlier, i was tired. And upset

Xx

• Posted

Listen you are not ranting. Should see some of the things that I have written anyway but having said that u are not I repeat NOT ranting.

If u e mail me by PM I can be more open aout my situation then u will see what I am on about..

I cannot see your antibody test there so has he furnished you with it I wonder/ You need to find out what it is to get the full picture.  

• Posted

Hi Twinsmum

I suggest that you grab every test avbailable under the NHS aand take it from there. I take it the dr wants  an ultra sound scan of your thyroid gland so he/she must think that there are nodules on your thyroid which could account for the high tsh and antibodies.

I would stick to the physical signs and symptoms otherwise you maay get sent down the much favoured mental health route. Kind regards

• Posted

Ty for your replies guys. Its great to have a forum like this to let off steam. I had alot on my mind, and no one to turn to. Saying it on the helped get it out of my system. Big hugs to all. may feel alone, bit i know im not, i have you guys we all have the illnrss and we are thete for one another sorry about typos im typing on my mobile. Xx

xxxxx

Xxxx

Xxx

Xx

X

• Posted

Im in the uk hun, i dont know what type of scan it will be. He just saidbhave you had a scan i daid no. So he said he would arrange one for me, didnt examine me. I rhink its because my levels are high at 18.53. Its early days to a long battle. I know i will get answers. Ty
    • Posted

Hello again

Are u going to have the scan? Personally I would have it done.

Your tsh is high but at the risk of nagging please try to get your antibody results as they are important.  I am very interested to know what your antibody levels are or even if they have been done!

• Posted

Hi my last test for tsh 28.35 the hospital rote a letter to my Doctor to tell him my readings where abnormal needs treatment straight away it was like a letter telling my Doctor of for not keeping a eye on me.i was hat hospital because I had swollen lingfill in my lungs so there did blood test and found my TSH very high

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.