Having alot of pain!

Posted , 7 users are following.

It has been almost 2 months since my TKR and I'm starting to have so much pain other knee , actually in almost every joint! I have been told that t could take up to a year to start feeling 100%, but is it normal to have my other joints hurt like hell? My muscles in my TKR leg cramp up at nite that's it's hard to straighten it out. Has anybody else had anything like this? I'm do to go back to work on Monday, I'm a CPhT in a pharmacy so I'm on my feet alot, not sure if I can handle the pain! The pain sometimes can bring me to tears! 😔 I'm 62 so I'm working for the insurance.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I did t have other joints hurt except lower back pain , and for cramp get some magnesium oil and rub in every day, it will be hard to go back to work so soon I was still in pain at 8 weeks and couldnt have worked . I hope you can manage it , lits of pain killers

• Posted

I forgot about magnesium somebody on here did tell me about it! As far as going back to work I'm going to try it. Thanks!

• Posted

Jenny Could you tell me where I can get magnesium oil?

• Posted

i buy mine online but chemists should have it , I find I never get cramp anymore and also its good for your heart,

• Posted

hi there im 4 1/2 weeks post op and at the moment sleeping well at night. i do have osteoporosis in the other knee but not as bad. i must say that sometimes it gives me pain when walking because its taking most of the wait from the other knee. i have been told by friends that when you get full strength in the new knee it should ease up. im hoping their right as i dont want another op .

If i were you i would speak with your doctor before returning to work especally as your on your feet.

what exercises are you doing?

All the best.

• Posted

I was told that it could be 6 to 12 months to start feeling better! Dr told me eventually my other knee needs replaced but putting it off as long as possible. I'm hoping this doesn't take a year to get better I need better sleep than I'm getting. I'm going to PT 3 days a week I am going to get another appt for next week if going back to work makes it worse. My next appt is June 6th if not. thank you for your help

• Posted

hi do you think seeing your pt 3 times a wk is too much i see mine once a fortnight with low impact exercises at home like bending and stretching

• Posted

That's what my Doc set me up for, but yes it is too much I find I hurt more at nite after PT. I'm going to cut down to 1 when I go back to work. I will be lucky to work all day, the way I hurt .

• Posted

I am 6 weeks post op and have stopped all narcotic pain meds. I have some pain during the day , especially if I am on my feet for extended times. Nighttime is my demon. The pain is unbearable and I ice at 2 in the morning just for some relief. I would have a hard time going back to work in your position being on your feet most of the day. I mentioned no narcotics only as a baseline and I am not sure I'll be able to continue without taking any at night. I am trying to see if I can do without them for a few days and go from there. I am 60, recently retired and don't want to depend on medications for long periods of time. I don't know if this helps you at all knowing that you are not alone with pain at his juncture in your recovery. It has caused pain in my hip joint and lower back as well........sounds familiar. Good luck and hang in there !!

• Posted

hi Jeep,

I am at 5 months and i had the same problem with the night cramping and stiffness in the TkR leg. Just this week it has started to ease off and feel normal. At 2 months my whole body ache especially my hips. It sounds like you are not ready to go back to work. Can you extend your leave or do a reduced work day?

• Posted

HI Jeep.........When did you stop the pain medications ?

• Posted

I'm still taking them usually just at nite.

• Posted

I prob can, but I'm going to try it. Not sure how much longer Afflac will pay me tho. That's who I have my short term disability thru.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.