Having an ultra sound scan

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and noticed a lump in my throat which ive been told is a goiter. Im having a scan on it tomorrow and just abit worried about it. It hurts a little when i swallow and im always trying to clear my throat even tho i know nothing is trapped in it

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kim, How did MD diagnosis hypthyroidism?  I also cannot clear throat, but my neck has lumps (or thickening) with pain as the day goes on.  There are a number of ailments; not only cancrer!  Do you have other symptoms?
    • Posted

Hi kris i just felt terrible. Feelings of depression always tired, aches and pains in bones and joints. Crying for no reason. Ive also been diagnosed with osteomalcia which is a weakening of the bones
    • Posted

Oh my.  On top of all the rest you are depressed.  Please know "this is depression"  ----  if you do not call your feelings what they are, you believe the most negative thoughts; it seems to be the truth.  When depression lifts you can look at the bad facts of your illness; when the depression lifts, you'll know what to do for yourself.  I Know depression ... wanting to just cry .... wanting to hide from the world, not interested in a damned thing.  It is not permanent, or even truthful.

• Posted

Im hopeful that the meds im on will make me feel a little better. Felt really low because for 3years i didn't get any answers to my problems but since the blood test results came back i now know what it is and receiving treatment

• Posted

hey everyone.. I noticed a palpable lump on my neck about a month ago and decided to get it looked at.  The first doctor I went to said that I was probably gettign sick and to wait it out.  I did that for a couple weeks but then went to another doctor who referred me to an ENT.  The ENT ordered an ultrasound which the results found:

"1 oval hypoechoic nodule in the left parotid gland; color doppler demonstrates internal vascularity.  There is no definite tract extending to the skin's surface. "

"1 hypoechoic nodule nodule in the isthmus with suggestion of a few punctate echogenic foci possibly calcifications"

"1 hypoechoic nodule in the left mid thyroid gland."

an MRI was also obtained to confirm if one of these nodules was in the parotid gland, which it is.  MRI results conclude that....

"there are several well-circumscribed t2 hyperintense lesions within the left parotid gland.  There is a similarly appearing t2 hyperintense lension in the mid right parotid gland.  These lesions appear to demonstrate mild enhancement on the postcontrast images."

"there is an oval, enhansion lesion in theleft side of the thyroid isthmus."

Does anyone have any insight as to what these findings could indicate?  I have a doctors appointment to folllow up on these and my doctor did mention scheduling a FNA biopsy?

I would appreciate any input!  Thanks!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.