Having bad day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had a really bad day yesterday cried off and on all day, been feeling pins and needles across my stomach, it also at times feels like I have a tight band across it, yesterday when I started feeling this my anxiety kicked into high gear, started crying and getting all worked up, of course thinking the worst, however when I could get myself distracted from the feeling I didn't notice it, also don't have the symptoms when I'm sleeping. Woke up this morning not feeling well, kinda sick to my stomach and some diarreah, it's like it never ends, of course this has me worked up again, anyone else suffer like this? Every pain I feel sets off my anxiety

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ashley...yes I feel this way all the time. Unfortunately anxiety and panic can create these awful physical symptoms. Anything gastro related sets off my anxiety amd vice versa. Try to hang in there...drink lots of water and try to occupy ur mind. It helps.
    • Posted

I have bad gastritis from my Paxil stopping to work. Been going on for a year. I've lost weight and don't want to take antipsychotics, but I can't get off the Paxil.
  • Posted

ashley i know ive had anxiety for years every pain you get your anxiety goes to another level ive had them all bad stomach bad head convinced ive got every cancer known to man its horrible but i do get good days too keep busy never google symptoms that fuels anxiety our minds destroy us but we are fighters warriors of anxiety lets keep doing our every day stuff and try not to let anxiety ruin our lifes martin
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. Anxiety can certainly cause string physical symptoms. I often get sickness and diarrhoea when I'm worried about something to do with my health. When I think if symptoms I often get flushed and I can feel it the heat rising up! Not a nice feeling, just remember it's anxiety and nothing serious. X
  • Posted

Anxiety so often affects my stomach. Unfortunately that's one of the classic physical symptoms of anxiety. The thing to do is to break the vicious circle of anxiety induced physical symptoms that then make us more anxious that then makes the symptoms worse and on and on it goes.

Sometimes physical excercise works for me, or listening to some music I really like, or going for a nap. Sometimes I have to take medication.

If you find anything that works, then add that to your armoury of weapons you use against anxiety.

Remember you're not alone, and there are good days.

Hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.