Having flares to close :-(

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a few questions My very first attack of infection was Jan 2016 I went 10 months without a flare but after that I have had one every other month and I'm sick of antibiotics!  I wanted to know does everyone here take antibiotics every time you get the cramps -twinges - or hurting that doesn't let up for a couple of days? Is it possible to do anything else for the flare to clear up? Some one please again that has had good results with less flares PLEASE tell me what you take and what you eat and do and don't do. I need some reassurance  and hope! Thank you in advance

2 likes, 91 replies

91 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am so sorry I cannot help you at this point my craziness has just started
  • Posted

During flare ups I pretty much don't want to eat anything but jello or drink Ensure.

Last flare up was 3 weeks ago. I felt sick to my stomach, passing blood and was constipated for 4 days. I didn't eat for three of those days but started drinking beef and chicken bullion.

Later I was able to eat creamed soups and crackers. I try to avoid processed foods, foods high in fiber and red meat, anything hard to digest.

Take it easy on your gut until you feel good again. I'm struggling thru another bout of blockage as I type.

Good luck too you.

• Posted

Was you on antibiotics  during that 3 weeks ago?  Today I started trying prune juice drink 8 ounces think it was to much to many bathroom runs tomorrow going to cut it to 4 ounces and see how that works. Trying to give up milk completely but still do cheese stick and plain yogurt although most say not to have that with diverticulosis. ANYONE else on here do prune juice I use the organic kind. 
    • Posted

Good luck to you also I'm with you I would prefer to not eat at all during flare ups I drink as much water as possible My doctor says bone broth but I can't get past the floaters

• Posted

I was talking antibiotics then I have not tried prune juice but I do eat a handful of grapes daily I'm not sure if that's helping I did start Metamucil again a few days ago and back to taking probiotics Let us know if the prune juice helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.