Having internal body vibrations/buzzing.

Posted , 170 users are following.

I've been experiencing these body vibrations/buzzing for about 2 months now. It started out mostly at night waking me up between 1am to 4am..if I try to sleep through it it gets worse and even into my head. I've had several really bad mornings where its been so bad I get out of bed in a panic wondering what is wrong...of course this has lead to very little sleep the last couple months. Lately it goes on all day too. At night I can "calm" it with a glass of wine but only to wake up vibrating again. I've been taking anxiety meds and they have no effect. Tried muscle relaxers and they have no effect. I've changed my diet and taking vitamins with no effect. I'm 50 years old and pre pausel as I've had on full period I'm 7 months. Im so tired of dealing with this. Anyone else having this same thing? If so what have they done about it?.I have a doctors app. in two days.

23 likes, 482 replies

482 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Update...so I finally get my blood tests back and everything was fine. Again my doctor specified she couldn't find anything specific on body vibrations.and menapause. She said I was already on something for anxiety so couldn't be that. I told her how violent my vibrations had been the last couple of days..(waking up like I was laying on top of a washing machine spinning on highes cycle). That was followed by a hmmm,,,well she put me on Clonidine for restless leg syndrom but warned me it will drop my blood pressure. I had to tell her I thought I had high BP anyways...so she looked through my file and said...oh..yeah you do...so this might help with that too. My body has been vibrating all day so I took my first pill...not ready for bed but couldn't take it anymore. I just want one night of good sleep without vibrations!. .  

• Posted

Thanks for the update Kay, was just reading the topic on internal vibrations on the Dutch menopause forum. It seems to be a quite frequent complaint since a few hundred shared their experiences about the vibrations.

One woman wrote about two homeopathic medicines she got from her GP (who seems to know about menopause causing these vibrations)  and it worked very well: no more vibrations and no more waking up in the middle of the night! She didn't mention which compounds she used but I'm trying to find out. Her post is quite old so I hope she's still on there.

Another woman wrote about getting rid of the vibrations by using a tailor-made Bach flower formula.

I guess we need to find a natural solution if we can't use HRT.

• Posted

Update...so a couple more weeks into the body vibrations. Not one night without them..they get worse as I lay there trying to sleep through them till I finally just get out of bed. Days like today they continue through out the day too. My doctor has prescribed me a RLS med three days ago but has failed to call it in so I haven't got to try it. Other than that she says she can not help me anymore...ugh.

• Posted

Kay98250

Despite what drs say just putting internal vibrations and menopause into google this symptoms is on many forums so like you all i beg to differ.  I had terrible internal bouncing and external tremors along with head zaps.  I had both propranolol and diazepam which I took intermittently.  They helped slightly, but I hate to say it nothing completely got rid of it but maybe may it a bit more bearable on the really bad days.  This symptom drove me round the bend.  With time it gradually became less and less and then around 6-7 months post meno it went.  My honest opinion is its hormones and meds may lessen it but as they are dropping nothing really stops it completely.  Keep going ladies it will get better x

• Posted

Really Kay, you need a new doctor!!! She can’t help you anymore??? What about the oath they took????? 
    • Posted

Hello!

Did you ever find the herbs that helped?

I am 45... Just started tremors right as I am falling asleep. Panic attacks, hot rushes of feeling through my chest. This is horrible but I don't want to do HRT. My last period was 6 months ago.

Thank you!

• Posted

My vibrations and buzzing, I believe are coming from the major two neck surgeries I had causing fibromyalgia, along with the fact that I have TMJ and spinal stenosis. Then put on top of that I’m on my 6 months of no period and had perimenopause.

I found the hormone diet book by Natasha turner helped me with peri-menopause symptoms. But from these surgeries. I had to find a different combination.

I go to cryotherapy (where they freeze my fibromyalgia and healing of spine with better blood flow). I also do myofascial work for the fibromyalgia.

Regards to sleeping my best cocktail of herbs is the following: I take 2 magnesium pills by megafood, 2 valerian root (500MG), 2 Sundown L-theanine stress formula and 3 mg of melatonin. If I wake up, I can usually get back to sleep or I get up and take another L-theanine. 

Of course, when I am really bad, I then have to take a 5 mg of pharmaceutical muscle relaxer (but I use those far and inbetween).

If you are waking up from hot flashes, I found vitex works, but every person is different. Reminder, some herbs take a couple weeks to 2 months to work.

I find I am getting less and less vibration and more tolerable. But this has taken me months to get to this point because of the severity of my neck/jaw issues.

• Posted

PS: cranial sacral also helped me. I have come to the conclusion that I need to now address the energy flow. It is stuck in so many places on me. That’s why Cryofit helps blood flow and healing, myofascial work is the electric grid in the body and the TMJ/atlas/Spine is the brain/spine connection with cranial sacral

• Posted

Sleep Apnea is the number one cause of vibrations. Ask your primary doctor to refer you for a sleep study. If it is confirmed do the treatment. You can develop things far worse than vibrations. You can damage your heart. All the best to you.

• Posted

Update: Three medications later...Nothing takes it away. The vibrations have lessoned a bit from earthquake to idle so I can sleep a couple hours through them most of the time. .

I do have a basket full of herbs and supplements that I can't even pronounce left to try that I bought last week...I'm thinking it is just going to take some time to get through this and can't believe there isn't more information .on the net. Some talk

but no curesad 

• Posted

Thanks for the update Kay, I'm sorry that nothing works for you yet, hopefully there is something useful in your basket!

I took a dive into hormone replacement therapy and it has become clear to me that bioidentical hormones, issued through plasters, can be a safe and effective remedy for our complaints. I've read several medical research papers about it which are all very clear about the positive effect and safety of this treatment.

Unfortunately the average doctor still prescribes synthetic hormones in pill form, and the wrong hormone (only estrogen), so I ordered some natural progesterone in cream form (which works about the same as the plasters). A well known (female) gynacologist who is specialized in perimenopause also recommends this so I'm confident it can't do any harm.

(She unfortunately has a waiting list of 8 (!) months so i can't get it through her).

The stuff will arrive in 2 weeks and I'm really looking forward to trying this.

I'll let you know if it works or not, meanwhile hang in there, I hope your sleep keep improving. We need our rest don't we, during this awfully bumpy ride:-s

• Posted

Hello kay98250 I'm wondering if your still having symptoms? I started maybe a year ago with the same symptoms. I would lie down to sleep and just doze off when I'd get a tingling all over my body then this annoying vibration maybe adrenaline and it would have me wide awake for hours. Not sure if I get too tired and fall asleep by 3am or I just deal with it and fall asleep but either case it's an aweful feeling to not be able to sleep. Well it use to happen once a month in the beginning but now it's happened 4days straight. I do take ativan as needed an i can sleep through it when I take it but it's not something they want you to take daily. What ever can this be?

• Posted

Sorry you are having a tough time, I find it easier when I try to be objective and remember that ive spoken to a dr and that its part of meno and not an illness  - its a process of change. Personally I am not taking any meds, started peri meno about 5 years ago am now period - free , started with night sweats, electric shock type sensations then the occasional hot flush then that all seemed to subside by about 80% thought I was finished with it . Last few months I have had the internal tremors- usually waking me in the middle of the night like a bad dream and then lasting the rest of the morning along with ringing in my ears. The last 2 weeks ive amended my diet and as of yet ive not had another. Daily banana, avocado and either a cup of green tea or a coconut water drink. I do 10 mins of exercise- either skipping or planking and squats - i can do this in indoors early evening. Temember that as long as you have spoken to you doc and he has checked your blood pressure etc that its ok and eventually it will pass xx
    • Posted

Your Dr. says it's part of menopause? I had a nurse tell me all my problems were menopausal and I could agree except I have never missed a period. Like ever. Ugh

• Posted

How old are you? I was in peri for 5 years and never missed a period either but then they stop! 
    • Posted

You strat having symptoms way before periods stop.  I used to get night sweats and thought I had leukemia- because you still have periods nad dont make the connection but lots of symptoms start and the ending of peiods is at the near- end of the process- google peri menopause 
    • Posted

That doesn't help the lady that is 27 and having vibrations. I ouldnt know about the periods, I haven't had one since 2 years ago when I had surgery, but I was told blood work showed normal hormone levels and not pre-menopausal then. But I guess I could be now, I'm 43. I was scared I was getting exposed to my husbands testosterone somehow, glad to hear it might be menopausal, but why is this so unfamiliar with doctors I wonder?

• Posted

Did you get these at 27 or you asking for the younger people. Are there any men with this?
    • Posted

Thank you!! Its so reassuring to hear this from other women like myself! ❤️ I hope you find relief as well.  
    • Posted

Hi everyone... Im reading all these comments and I cannot believe how related they are to me. I lost my grandmother March 2017 whom I loved very much and I was the one making funeral arrangements for 7 days. I only cried very much on day 9. I remember going to bed and feeling a sharp pain in my chest and my chest got very heavy too as though someone was sitting on me. It was the first time I felt like that but I just told myself that it was post-traumatic something. Six months later I got a swollen right ankle and foot. Then one day I was sitting watching TV when I felt like I was dying. My throat closed up, my arms and hands became weak, I got very thirsty and I couldnt stand up I thought I was going to pass out. I thought it was a heart attack. I prayed very much to see the next day so I could go to the doctor. I did go . He told me it was not a heart attack but a panic attack and gave me something for it and something for the swollen foot. One year later my foot is still swollen and my blood pressure is always high. Today its 145/90. Now back to my point. Few days ago I started vibrating internally in the left side of my head,face, neck, shoulder, chest, arm, stomach, thigh, leg, foot, toes and occasional pain under my left armpit. I thought I was having a stroke and got out of bed so fast in panic. I dont understand whats wrong really. The vibrations are worse when I close my eyes and try to sleep. Its 2am now they woke me at 1am. Im really scared. I went to 3 different doctors when I had those panic attacks and told them I was scared that it might be my heart but they all said it wasnt. Sometimes the left leg vibrates too. So because the vibrations are on my left side I was thinking heart problems or stroke. This is really frustrating. Im 35 years old and weigh 110kg.
    • Posted

Yes! I actually ended up in this forum desperate for answers regarding my husband’s symptoms. He experiences everything described in the original post & all the comments, except of course the menstruation or menopausal lack thereof. He is 43 & this has been going on for nearly 5 years. He has been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis but we are looking for a solution other than Synthroid... which is not a solution to autoimmune disease at all, only a cover-up. 

• Posted

I dis a lot of research on this and found that sleep apnea was the number one cause of vibrations ask your doctor to refer you to a sleep study. If positive then get treatment please. All the best to you pass the word.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.