Having wide scale excision under left arm soon. . What should I expect?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have severe hs and in a month having wide scale excision under left arm as so bad. I’m in agony each day. What happens at hospital and recovering? Also can hardly move arm at all  with pain and smell is so bad I don’t know what to do to try be positive and not so snappy. 😞

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I appreciate you're concern thank you. over here in the UK we have a national health service and they aren't that thorough you're just a number and it's a quick fix and that will do. in 16 years ive had this problem I've never heard the word plastic surgeon mentioned. I've only ever been given antibiotics when it gets too much and if that fails they may offer to cut it and that's my current situation. unless you can afford to go private over here you're a lost cause. im hoping to pay for some test kits at a private hospital to try and establish what may be triggering these outbreaks hopefully I can figure it out someday.

• Posted

I have hidradenitis suppurativa I started having this a few years ago didnt know what it was. I had always gotten cysts but this was different. I was put on Humira didnt like it. Found an article to clean area with water and baking soda. the lession under my arm that keeps coming back began shrinking within days. no pain and within a week redness gone the skin got flat and white, seems to have broke a little but no pain and no smell like all the times before. Give it a try. I also read it could raise your hyper tension. I have high bp controlled by pills no problem. I thinj they say that because there is salt in baking soda.

Give it a shot, maybe we can apply on regular basis to keep areas under control.

I had a wide incision and removal of lumps that i thought were cysts under my arm. had like 5 they werent infected or very painful but wanted them gone. Took me 2-3 months to heal. I was on humira prior and took myself off a few weeks before surgey. a month after them healing I had hs show up agressivily under arm at different location. I have always had cysts but this was different. the dermo wanted me back on humira i refused i never had this before humira. I have gotten reaccuring sites again the past months

I used the baking soda for the first time this past week and it stopped it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.