Hay fever in February?

Posted , 14 users are following.

I've been suffering with hay fever like symptoms early in the year for about 10 years, (I am 52). This year it started about two weeks ago (If memory is correct, it seems a bit earlier this year!) with blocked sinuses and very itchy eyes. Having all windows shut doesn't help. Going out does not make symptoms worse? Anybody else having similar early hay fever with ideas to what is causing this?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have hay fever for at least 8 years now although iv never had a doctor test me for certain allergies they just say from my symptoms it's environmental so iv just been taken antihistamines,a few months ago I started having a pulsating in my left ear which lead to ear getting syringed and doc putttin me on beconase nasal spray &otomize ear spray & pseudoephedrine tablets for a couple weeks until my next appointment, the sneezing and itchy ears and throat stopped but my eyes started watering and still are, after going back to the doc I got referred to the ent doc which I got an MRI scan done a few weeks ago which nothing showed up in my ear or neck but they did see something in my nasal symmetry so I have to go for a biopsy in 2 weeks time and still no further forward.-and docs saying they don't think this is anything to do with allergies I'm confused and worried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.