Head Discoloration/Rash

Posted , 61 users are following.

Here's my story:

I had sex for the first time in December of 2019, both oral and vaginal. I am 24 years old. It was unprotected sex. Weeks later my urethra was burning, especially when I urinated. Had both her and me tested for STIs, she had herpes(something she swore she had been tested for before and didn't have). Anyways, I came back negative for everthing. That week while waiting for the results I became very ill. I was very pale in the face, was extremely dizzy, and in a lot of pain in my abdomen/testicle. Symptoms faded after awhile, but the burning in the urethra and dizziness stuck around the longest. I still get severely dizzy at times, off and on. I stopped having sex with her after I found out she had herpes, until I find out what is happening to me. A rash has developed on the head of my penis, and that is my main concern right now. I've been to several clinics, and most prescribe an ointment and send me on my way. They say it is either a yeast infection or jock itch, but I don't think it's either. I have applied Lotrimin(clotrimazole 1%) and Terbinafine Hydrochloride with no improvement. I took fluconazole for a yeast infection, still no improvement. The rash seems to be worse after sitting down on the toilet for example, strange I know. It's has blotchy discoloration and feels rough and irritated to the touch. Here are photos: imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimage

The purple hue is not the natural color. It darkens when it's at it's worse. You can see a photo where the head is a pinker, more natural hue compared to the other photos, but is still irritated. This makes me think it has something to do with blood flow, what do you think?

10 likes, 69 replies

69 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Does your glans have a burning sensation?

• Posted

I feel a burning sensation only after applying either of the two ointments, no matter how thinly I apply them. It doesn't itch either.

• Edited

Here is an additional image of when it is erect.

Recently I have noticed slight burning at times.

• Edited

Please help me! This affects my daily life.

• Posted

Update: burning discomfort occurs on most days, others not at all. i am noticing the tip of the penis, the meatus, looks swollen and red, and also burns. Rash is still present. Took terbinafine tablets, nothing seems to be working.

• Posted

Update: burning discomfort occurs on most days, others not at all. i am noticing the tip of the penis, the meatus, looks swollen and red, and also burns. Rash is still present. Took terbinafine tablets, nothing seems to be working.

• Posted

Consult a different Urologist and tell him everything. If you have tested negative for Herpes and other STIs then you should relax.

• Posted

Tests are not always accurate and can result in false-negatives or false-positives when not directly stabbed from a lesion, which are not present in my case.

• Edited

Update: tried different urologist. He thinks it's lichen planus which just seems crazy to me. Besides the red rash, my glands and the skin on my shaft now get sort of "tacky". It's like it's stuck if you rub it. It only goes away with a shower using only water to clean it, and only sometimes dies that work.

• Posted

Mine looks like yours. Rough texture, inflamed/puffy tip, etc. Also becomes worse after increased blood flow (ex: just getting an erection will make it more red). It's been a year as well and no solution. Tried various courses of antibiotics. Corticosteroid creams for lichen planus. Antifungals for yeast infections. And lots of other things.

This also started for me after exposure with someone I later found out had herpes type 2. So maybe this is all somehow related. I never had traditional herpes symptoms, but perhaps it's affecting the our skin and nerves? I don't think any doctor can help us as it doesn't seem there is even a diagnosis for what we have.

• Edited

Sounds very similar to my situation. Red shiny patch (in the main under foreskin), penis discolouration and cracking. Gets put down to non specific balanitis which means theres an issue but no idea whats causing it as fair as I can gather. Have tried all sorts but no resolution as yet.

For what its worth not one of the 'experts' think its got anything to do with herpes

• Edited

Since herpes does affect the nerves, I think it's worth mentioning that I have had troubles with one of my eyes.

I encourage everyone to share everything going on that they are willing to share in case this is something that affects more than the genital glands and we find similarities. I have noticed that my skin, e.g. lips, have became more dry than usual once all of this started, and there was the sudden development of what you would assume are fordyce spots on the lips, which also shows a discoloration.

• Posted

Why don't you think it's a derm condition like lichen planus? It could be a mild form that's just starting and doesn't look as intense when you google photos of it. Same with lichen sclerosus, when it's developing it simply looks like a bit of redness on the skin. You have light skin/hair and generally these type of people are more predisposed to autoimmune derm conditions (think rosacea, etc.) Just a theory, but your urologist also suggested it and he probably has more experience than everyone here combined.

I might have the same thing, considering my maternal side is blonde, blue eyes, etc.

• Posted

i have had the same forcyde like spots on my lips. i have been weak and dizzy for 3 months now. Also had burning pain in scrotum and perineum for a month and blurry vision for last two months. Tested positive for HSV1. I need to retest again for HSV2 as it all started after protected sexual encounter.

• Edited

i literally made an account just because of this. I also had sex with a girl who had herpes but she said she got it years ago in highschool and shes towards her late 20s now. I started noticing my glands changing colors, penis head looks purple ish and I got spots around the head that made me very concerned that it was herpes . I got tested and they come back negative. Ive been told I have Balanitis and tried the cream for a while with no results. Recently they gave me more pills to test them. Is this a new thing? How do we all have the same story??? Please keep me updated

• Posted

You'd have to post pictures to see if it's similar to what people have here. There seems to be mixed opinion if it's related to herpes or not. The virus is extremely prevalent, something like 70% of the world's sexually active population under 50 years old has a form of the herpes virus.

• Edited

I'm trying to figure out what I have but this is what it looks like. They gave me 2x pills to take once per week but this has been going for months now with end in sight. imageimage

• Edited

literally, same exact thing. out of nowhere, too. odd that so many have a similar situation but no clarity. my GP also recommended anti-fungal cream.

• Posted

Out of nowhere? Are you sexually active? Protection?

• Posted

I agree about not leaping to the conclusion that it's herpes.

• Posted

Thanks for jumping into the conversation and sharing. I will share all results I have. I have been using Tide free and gentle detergent hoping that'd help. Looking at my old photos, I will say that the discoloration is no longer as intense. I still wash with water only down there, and try to avoid tight clothing. Another thing I'd like to know from everyone is how active you are, and what physical requirements are demanded from your job? I work at in a warehouse environment, constantly moving, getting in and out of powered equipment, and walking the entire day. Chafing would be a concern, but I don't know if that could cause what we are all experiencing.

• Posted

i literally have the exact same thing! any updates here? does your body/legs feel any different. i got mine from an unprotected b******b

• Posted

Dear Lance,

I have a problem very similar to that of yours. Could you please enlighten me about the progress in your treatment? What did you do and what was the result? Thanks in advance

• Posted

hello brother i have been having the same problem. did u find out ever what it was?..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.