Head pressure

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I suffer really bad with health anxiety brought on again by menapause. The past 3-4 days my head just feels so heavy and tight plus by tea time my neck and shoulders are so sense. I do sleep with a fan during night because of feeling hot due to menapause and I have it directed to my face and head, wondering if this could also be be problem. Any advice please x

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen - I'm suffer from realy bad health anxiety this month too. I'm in perimenopause.  it has not been is bad in almost a year though The hardest part is all of the extreme physical symptoms that come at same time.  It's hard to convince myself this can just be hormones.  I've convinced myself I have a brain tumor at times because of the neck pain and weird head pressure.  I don't get hot flashes yet but extreme feeligs of skin itch and sunburn.Its hard to not focus on it.  Peoe don't understand I think? I just startthis forum and can't believe how much other women suffer too...I hope you are feeling better soon <3

• Posted

Hi Karen,

You are not alone in this! I am exactly the same as you and it is crippling at times. I have terrible health anxiety and my head feels heavy, odd, spaced out and my neck and shoulder and tight and very painful. I doubt it is the fan. It could be posture and sleeping position. I think my odd head is Peri and possible silent migraines xx

• Posted

Thank you Sally for your reply, I throught it could be how I'm sleeping. But yer like you feel spaced out. It's a nightmare having health anxiety and menapause together xx

• Posted

Yeah it is a nightmare. It has been going on four years foe me and I am ready to be feeling better! xx
    • Posted

Hi Sally. Id been having terrible pain in back of neck and base of my scull for 5 days and I do suffer from migraine but this is very different like I'd hurt my neck. Started to feel nauseous yesterday as well so decided to take my maxalt wafer as a last resort. I take them for migraines. Within an hour the pain started to go. Maxalt only works on migraine to reduce the blood vessels in the brain so I discovered the bizzar neck pain I had for 5 days to be a migraine. It was definately the strangest migraine pain I've ever had and iv had migraines for over 25 years.

Another bizzar menopause symptom to add to the long list.

• Posted

Yeah I used to get normal migraines, but sonce Peri they have changed and have become more neck and shoulder based, or a foggy head xx
    • Posted

Yes, the neck and shoulder pain is horrible. /I think it is sinus congestion related. There is gunk in the sinuses and it causes local inflammation. I have no tonsils so the infection spreads around other, smaller lymph nodes. I dont think treating the infection makes any sense since it is chronic.lease ladies let us know if anyone had this thing and finally it went away. I am actually losing hope.
    • Posted

I saw a neurologist and he said it was form of migraine without the headache called silent migraine. He said it is often mistaken as sinus issues xx
  • Posted

Hi karen well im post menapausal but have also had this real bad pressure feeling in the head and neck and shoulders problem. was def made worse by bieng in a draft last week for a whole hr at a meeting so your problem could be made worse by the draft from fan. How long you been using the fan, how long you had the neck problem for?   Got one of them special neck shaped pillows which feels comfy but going a bit soft , think i need a new one now.   
    • Posted

Hi Susan I've used the fan for over a year lol I know bad really. Head pressure and neck and shoulder aches comes and goes.its not constant xx

• Posted

Karen, try magnesium tablets for anxiety it's helped me. X

• Posted

I'm sure you can they are only a mineral tablet, perhaps it would be good to ask? I've had days of dizziness and anxiety which I now find difficult when flying and travelling and palpitations, the magnesium has helped a lot with the palpitations and anxiety, I'm on primrose too so that combined, I'm going next week to ask for HRT, just oestrogen as i had a hysterectomy four years ago and I'm still going to take the magnesium and primrose oil, I'm sure all it can do is help. Xx

• Posted

Yeah you can take magnesium with HRT and it should help with the neck tension and the anxiety xx
    • Posted

Thank you Julia for your reply, I'm taking vit d3 for my bones off the dr so I think I will try the magnesium tablets as well things carnt get worse by trying them lol xx

• Posted

Thank you for that reply Sally I'm going to get some magnesium tablets tomorrow and try xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.