Head sensations: I can't take any more.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone have any strange head sensations with their anxiety?

I've had headaches and weird feelings of pressure, a sensation of my head expanding and more for the past few months. Went to see my GP and she says its migraines. Personally, I don't think this is migraines. I've had them before and this seems completely different.

The past few weeks, not only am I suffering headaches constantly but also blurred vision, dizzy spells and lightheaded spells. Sometimes I feel like I have to battle to stop myself from passing out. When I do feel like I'm about to pass out, I get this strange sensation/smell (I can't quite tell which it is) in my nose at the same time. It's so strange, I know I'm about to feel extremely lightheaded if I get this sensation/smell.

Now I wake up with a headache most mornings. When I lay down in bed at night, the left side of my head is very painful to lie on. As soon as it comes into contact with the pillow, the pains start and I either have to sit up for a while or try to find a different position. My anxiety keeps me up most nights anyways and this added problem really isn't helping.

Sorry this post was so long, I just want to know if anyone has any ideas what this could be. Painkillers aren't helping anymore and I really don't want to rely on a drug to keep me pain free.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Maybe a sinus infection. Im just guessing.
  • Posted

How is your blood pressure? If its fine it does sound like migranes. Migranes hurt! Go on Pinterest for remidies.
    • Posted

My blood pressure can be okay one minute and then sky high the next, although my GP doesn't seem too bothered about this.
  • Posted

Yes I know exactly what your feeling, I have anxiety so bad since I moved across the state from RI to FL, I hate it here, RI has no work, FL pays next to nothing and I so regret the move its awful, I have no family but my boyfriend and don't have the finances to move back or anywhere to go if I move back, my anxiety at this point is horrible and it actually causes major headaches, dizziness and I've even fallen a couple of times, it feels like the left side of my head is bulging out, I am NOT a doctor, just sharing my story hoping I can help u out. I have like a shooting pain going into my head and its not a migraine, its getting scary, I have no medical coverage, I have struggled with major anxiety in RI too but not like this, I'm having trouble concentrating, I haven't found work here either, my head feels like its going to burst, I know my anxiety is at its peak, its scaring me which causes more anxiety, it actually feels like the left side of my head is bigger than the right side of my head. Its awful I know, if I were you, if u have coverage to seek another GP who will look into it further or perhaps your anxiety is do bad Like myself that it causes these bad headaches we r experiencing, but I know how you feel, if I were you, I would seek medical attention to be sure its your anxiety and not an underlying medical problem your GP is not finding, best of luck and I hope my response helped you
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, I guess it's comforting to know that other people know how I feel and I'm not alone. I think I'm going to have to fight for a second opinion and hopefully a scan or something like that, even if it's just to put my mind at rest.

Good luck to you too, and I hope your current living situation improves for you x

• Posted

Hello I do feel weird feeling in my head a lot pressure on to of my head, that smell maybe I feel I have metal on top of my head, or something else feels like heavy. Like kind like when you brush your teeth the mint sensation, but no minty smell. Feels like something is pulling your hair. Like that? I have, that plus anxiety and I feels like I need more oxigen hope you feels better.
    • Posted

Sweetie, go to energency room, anxiety and stress can cause so many health problems, anxiety is horrible and I have been suffering for years, I take xanax and lately it has done nothing for me, it doesn't even relax me anymore, I know how horrible you must feel, talk to your GP, maybe he or she can. Prescribe something for your anxiety, xanax might not be the answer for you, there are several meds for anxiety and I hope you find something that works for you, my anxiety is so bad, the whole left side of my head has pressure, I hav . Numbness down my arm and my wrist and last two fingers are constantly numbs and I have tingling as if my arm fell asleep, its horrible
  • Posted

This is me right now I'm convinced I have a tumor in my brain , I have the ultimate headache , I have a shaky feeling and a nervous feeling my head feels like there is this tight band around it , head pressure blurred vision periodically , watering eyes , and burning scalp , scalp soreness, shooting pains that come.out of nowhere, tingling scalp sensations , headaches, and it hurts in certain places when i lay down on my head , neck stiffness and choking sensations aroumd my neck ,,,and the list goes on smh this is a nightmare I swear something is wrong with my brain it feel like I'm going to just drop dead at any moment, but I've already been to every doctor known to man , had MRIs , blood work, and the list goes on again , cleared from any medical condition
    • Posted

I have almost the same thing, with not Doctors check up, I'm going crazy and another country. Going back next week hopefully it's not a brain tumor because that it's what I think it is. Worse maybe cancer in the brain
    • Posted

Yeah I believe its your anxiety also but you'll feel a tad better once the doctors medically clear you from anything serious
    • Posted

I have been getting this really high pitched tingy sound. Need that to stop asap
    • Posted

called tinitius completely harmless, but annoying as hell smile
    • Posted

Jenni, any pressure and tightness, GO TO EMERGENCY ROOM, don't wait, they will test for everything asap, your GP will schedule tests but few and far between appointments as ER WILL LOOK INTO EVERY POSSIBLE TEST THAT CAN BE DONE. DONT WAIT , GO FOR YOUR OWN PIECE OF MIND,
    • Posted

I appreciate your concerns honey , I've ran to the emergency room over seven times and been to every doctor there is from a neurologist to a endocrinologists all cleard me of no medical issues I've had MRIs of my head and brain , all clear, I have anxiety
    • Posted

So sorry you are going through so much. Anxiety can really take over,its taken over my life at the moment.
    • Posted

Yes Lee im sorry you have to deal with this anxiety also , its such a burden in our lives isn't it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.