Head sensations: I can't take any more.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone have any strange head sensations with their anxiety?

I've had headaches and weird feelings of pressure, a sensation of my head expanding and more for the past few months. Went to see my GP and she says its migraines. Personally, I don't think this is migraines. I've had them before and this seems completely different.

The past few weeks, not only am I suffering headaches constantly but also blurred vision, dizzy spells and lightheaded spells. Sometimes I feel like I have to battle to stop myself from passing out. When I do feel like I'm about to pass out, I get this strange sensation/smell (I can't quite tell which it is) in my nose at the same time. It's so strange, I know I'm about to feel extremely lightheaded if I get this sensation/smell.

Now I wake up with a headache most mornings. When I lay down in bed at night, the left side of my head is very painful to lie on. As soon as it comes into contact with the pillow, the pains start and I either have to sit up for a while or try to find a different position. My anxiety keeps me up most nights anyways and this added problem really isn't helping.

Sorry this post was so long, I just want to know if anyone has any ideas what this could be. Painkillers aren't helping anymore and I really don't want to rely on a drug to keep me pain free.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think you need to have a scan to see if there is something causing the pressure.in your head
  • Posted

wow Chenise

​That smell,feels like it's  burning your nostrils. Your the first person i have come across who knows that "smell" then I'm guessing a narrowing of your sight, before adreniline kicks in and you snap out of it? and take a big deep breath.  Visual disturbance is a classic migraine symptom  I used to get very anxious if I could smell something and did'nt know where it was coming from, that was freaky. Are you taking any anxiety meds or anti depressants?

• Posted

Yeah it does panic me a lot when I get these smells. No I'm not on any meds, my doctor won't prescribe me any unfortunately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.