Head Spinning When I Lay Down - Sound Familiar?

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hiya All

I'm sure there's been a thread of two discussing vertigo-type symptoms, but I didn't think much of it.

Until......I thought back to late last year when I'd experienced a weird sensation when I laid completely flat in bed: no pillows. 

It was like my head - only my head - was in some sort of vortex and it was spinning, a bit like I was spiralling downwards.  It might just be me, but I remember thinking 'Aww, this is weird', but didn't actually stop myself, almost enjoying the sensation until I reminded myself I was nearly 54, and these things at my age don't represent fun, they may be serious!!lol

At the time, I did remember having experienced it before but again wasn't unduly worried by it. Possibly because both my husband and late father-in-law had both suffered from bouts of Labrythitis/Vertigo. 

Have to add that I've never had this sensation during the day, while I'm going about my business, so never thought of it as a problem.

Sound familiar, anyone?

Sx

1 like, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

personally, I don't think anything's come out of my experience with it- though I was really little at that time though

some people say it can be a spirit-type thing- that might ease the anxiety anyone's having 😅

• Posted

Google the "Epley Maneuver"  It cures it.  It usually has something to do with the crystals in our ears.  It also can affect you when you look up, or sometimes even just a quick head movement to the side.

There is a way to get the crystals back into thier proper place and the dizziness subsides.  My mother told me about the eply maneuver and there are various vidoe how to's online

• Posted

I am having the same feeling. When ever I lay down on the floor or bed straight without any support under my head I feel like my head spinning, dizziness, feel like throwing up. I am start getting really worried now.
  • Posted

I have the same problem.. everyone should research and get tested for Meneirs. It's what I have. Virtigo Tinnitus all symptoms of Meniers. It's awful..the spinning the ringing. No cure. My older sister has it too and is slowing losing her hearing in one ear. (Only cure, deafness)

• Posted

Is this not healthy? I can do this if i concentrate hard enough when i coffee my eyes either sitting or laying down. I usually do it before bed just for fun sometimes. it never hurt me and the"dizziness" doesn't make me nauseous. Well it have an effect on me later?

• Posted

Howdy folks. I know I'm a tad bit late on this discussion but I've been experiencing this my whole life. I'm only 16 years old. And although I haven't read all the replies yet, I would like to know if there's a way to induce these "vortexes". The feeling helps me fall asleep and recently I haven't been able to get them. Only sort of whispers, and glimpses of it. Reply with something? Best regards, Bubba.

• Posted

I'm 15 and I have vertigo but for me in laying in bed and I feel like pressure on me, and it's hard to type and my body feels like it's under water and there's a big wave tumbling my body over and I feel like I'm twisting and moving but I'm laying absolutely still. I also woke up from a nap feeling dizzy and had no aware I was awake actually and is till feel half asleep. So idk but I just have issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.