Headache for two months straight, stress/anxiety. please help!!!

Posted , 20 users are following.

The last three months of my life have been quite full on, dealing with my parents getting divorced and then dealing with two family members passing away all in 3 months.

I'm 21 years old, I'm very healthy I'm also fit, and have been suffering from anxiety for a few years. But I could control it and the anxiety never took over me. In the last 6 months I started to notice that the anxiety had started to take over and would interfere with my life. My thoughts were out of control, and I had constant thoughts about dying and health anxiety.

And within the last three months of these events happening my anxiety has completely taken over my life where I have been having panick attacks on a regular basis. Starting 9 weeks ago I started getting this pressure in my head, at first I never thought of it, but as the days and weeks went on it was never ending and made my anxiety much worse and made my symptoms in my head worse. 

Long story short it's 9 weeks later and I'm still here with the exact same head ache I have had since day 1. Can be a pressure, a dull ache on top of my head, shooting pains in my scalp, crawling feelings in my scalp, tender scalp to touch and the list goes on and on. And I cannot describe in words how much anxiety and grief this has caused me when I'm already going through my own grieving process.

I've been to numerous amounts of doctors and they all say it's stress and anxiety related due to my circumstances. I am booked in for a CT scan on Tuesday to finally rule out if it is anything serious??

My anxiety and these headaches have taken over my life, and not to mention I'm in constant pain and the non stop obsessive worrying that I have something in my head that's not going to be bad news.

If anyone has anythig similar to this? Or has gone through something like this?? I would love some advice to what to do or what happens from now.

I'm scared to death for the ct scan but my doctor thinks it's necessary because of all this anxiety it's causing. Sorry I forgot to mention I'm not showing any signs like blurred vision, vomiting, or any neurological symptoms that could relate to something serious.

Thanks so much in advanced 

3 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

P.s its not like a headache where your brain hurts. I shake my jead from side to side to make sure and it isnt that. Its just under my scalp . Right now left side of my face feels weird and back of my head. It changes course throughout the day...x
    • Posted

I have headaches to and it's driving me crazy the throbbing and waking up with headaches i had a ct scan done background in january and it came back good but i'm gone make them do it again 
  • Edited

Hi

It is an anxiety disorder and hedache is mostly because of it.

So your CT will be normal.

An SSRI will certainly help with initial clonazepam cover if you are opting for pharmacotherapy.Relaxation therapy is also very helpful and you can download them by searching "relaxation excercise".Mindfulness could be a long term solution if you are motivated for it.

• Posted

Do you think after the CT scan and hopefully positive results this feeling will die down? I don't ubfertstanf how I can have a headache for two months straight with nothing working!!! 

How do I get back to normal and symptom free??

• Posted

Less likely.You need to address your anxiety for that either with medication or therapy.But try relaxation it will surely provide some relief.
  • Posted

I'm lying in bed, my ODSP disability got denied so I need to appeal. I'm doung this natural with prayer, cause ai tried meds and I became delusional and suicidal so now I'm scared to take them. It feels like slither snake inside my head, tugging and pulling, going up and down. It's just my head now, before my body was so weak but something happened like a force came inside my back and my body became strong.

This slither snake feels like air, so makes me think and feel like an air head LOL. Ya, I make fun of it but with it, I feel as if life was death and hopeless. I really dont want to live in this world cause I end up suffering in it anyways (been raped and assaultrd, robbed and I swear I thought and felt as if I had died). I have memory of my death and feel as if I am passing through learned experiences while I was alive. My body is intact yet my mind or "self" is separated from me. I feel in this passing of death that I am looking for the joy and fullness of life. I am waiting fir my resurrection to life. My 'self' feels as if I got emptied out and feeling as if I am just a vessel. All my good stuff gone, my vibrant cheerful feelings, my haughty confidence, my passion for life GONE. I feel naked as if my inner skin got peeled out of me, like something took it and butchered it. I'm looking to get my pieces back from somewhere, I dont know where my head piece is, but hoping that too will come back inside, then I am resurrected WHOLE again. I hate Orion and the stars and I hate Egypt.

• Posted

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone who is suffering and dealing with what I'm going through right now. This has by far been the hardest three months if my life, and I don't understand how this can give me a headache non stop 24/7... It's frieghtenung. I can't seem to cope anymore and I feel bad for all my loved ones having to deal with me going through all these symtpoms and moods, I know they miss the old me and I miss the old me so much.

Is it possible after the CT scan that this could calm down everything that I've been in fear of? And hopefully the headaches will go away?

I just REALLY need to get my old life  back because i can't see myself taking this any much longer.

• Posted

Tayla, you need to relieve yourself of burdens that give you stress. Requires you to say "NO" when you are honest with yourself that what is asked from you, (when you do not feel or want to), that it poses too much of a challenge. You do need to push yourself to the limits of what you are capable of doing. This is what I learned while passing through my death (it is not real death or else I would not be here, but it is part death of my ego - my selfish desires in the world I want to accomplish yet unsuccessful because of wrong decisions, mismanagement, being traumatized by assault putting a hold on my own desires to fullfill my life, then I GAVE UP). The will to survive and the strength is there, but you are under great strain so please relieve some duties or tasks from yourself. There is no one other than yourself that can speak for you, so need to be honest with yourself.

Just wait it out, this too shall pass. It may take time. You may need time for yourself because in this world is very busy, work is gime sensitive and puts pressures on individuals as it is "time is money" in business. Youdo not need to lbe the individual you are expected to be by others, just rerelax and start to try and be yourself naturally. Society expects alot, the expense to self is exhaustion to the whole of our being. You are exhausted and stressed from life expectations.

• Posted

Error. You do not need to push yourself to the limits of what you are capable of. For example: Usually this happens at work so employers can save money, boss gives you more task and you are ok with it, you want something a bit of a challenge and change from mundane tasks. Then boss comes again to give you more things because 2 co-workers are away. You feel, at this point, it is too much to do even with time management and your feelings are upset. At that point, speak with your boss and tell him/her that you enjoy the other tasks given, but the workload for 1 person is too much and request for assistance or have hin/her hire temporary until co-workers arrive. You cannot have anyone take advantage of you, or you not being able to stand up and be honest about things.
  • Posted

Hi, First of all visit a good Homeopathic doctor nearby your location, allopathic medecines offer only temporary relief.then if possible you need a Temporary change of location for some time .
  • Posted

Seems like you've had a tough year and you need some answers.

losing loved ones is a feeling that can not be answered on here. It's something, that with time, you will accept. the grieving process is unique to everyone.

Your parents splitting is where my thoughts crosses to. Do you know why? Do you blame yourself? these are all assumptions, but not knowing can put a lot of worry into your mind. 

You're young, and the chances of you having neurological problems are very slim. I wouldnt think/worry about that.

Get the questions you need answering, answered.

regards

Fellow worrier.

• Posted

Did you ever figure what was going on? I’m experinsing the same thing. Idk if it’s stress or anxiety though. The pain doesn’t go away it just lightens up and I still feel pressure 
  • Posted

Hi.

I’m just now reading your symptoms and wondering if they ever went away ?

And if so ... how ?

I am experiencing the same thing and I feel like I’m doing in sane ~

Thank you ~

Kandi 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.