Headache for two months straight, stress/anxiety. please help!!!

Posted , 20 users are following.

The last three months of my life have been quite full on, dealing with my parents getting divorced and then dealing with two family members passing away all in 3 months.

I'm 21 years old, I'm very healthy I'm also fit, and have been suffering from anxiety for a few years. But I could control it and the anxiety never took over me. In the last 6 months I started to notice that the anxiety had started to take over and would interfere with my life. My thoughts were out of control, and I had constant thoughts about dying and health anxiety.

And within the last three months of these events happening my anxiety has completely taken over my life where I have been having panick attacks on a regular basis. Starting 9 weeks ago I started getting this pressure in my head, at first I never thought of it, but as the days and weeks went on it was never ending and made my anxiety much worse and made my symptoms in my head worse. 

Long story short it's 9 weeks later and I'm still here with the exact same head ache I have had since day 1. Can be a pressure, a dull ache on top of my head, shooting pains in my scalp, crawling feelings in my scalp, tender scalp to touch and the list goes on and on. And I cannot describe in words how much anxiety and grief this has caused me when I'm already going through my own grieving process.

I've been to numerous amounts of doctors and they all say it's stress and anxiety related due to my circumstances. I am booked in for a CT scan on Tuesday to finally rule out if it is anything serious??

My anxiety and these headaches have taken over my life, and not to mention I'm in constant pain and the non stop obsessive worrying that I have something in my head that's not going to be bad news.

If anyone has anythig similar to this? Or has gone through something like this?? I would love some advice to what to do or what happens from now.

I'm scared to death for the ct scan but my doctor thinks it's necessary because of all this anxiety it's causing. Sorry I forgot to mention I'm not showing any signs like blurred vision, vomiting, or any neurological symptoms that could relate to something serious.

Thanks so much in advanced 

3 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi.

I’m just now reading your symptoms and wondering if they ever went away ?

And if so ... how ?

I am experiencing the same thing and I feel like I’m going in sane ~

Thank you ~

Kandi 

• Posted

Hi K

Look for a Homeopathic treatment for this problem it works well, Allopathic medicines offer temporary relief.

• Posted

Hi Tayla23123,

Did you ever get your CT scan done? I am going through the exact same thing right now.

Thank you so much!! 

• Posted

Tayla, I hope you’re feeling better. I’m 20 years old, and in the course of a year I’ve had to watch my older sister deteriorate as she is struggling with cancer, and my first baby daughter was kidnapped by my ex. She’s 9 months now, and I still haven’t seen her. Like you, i had anxiety for quite a while before, and I could always maintain it. It wasn’t until after my ex and I broke up that I started to have very violent panic attacks, and at first I thought I was dying, and didn’t know how to react. The panicky symptoms disappeared for a bit, and I went back to normal life. When I found out she had our daughter in August and I had no idea she had been born, mentally I collapsed. The anxiety came back, along with extreme anger and sadness. The panic attacks were infrequent, but definetly controlling, and I began to try and hide myself between college work and 40 hour work weeks simultaneously. I didn’t want to think about my situation, and because I didn’t get any help and refused to admit something was wrong, I had a massively scary panic attack at work in December that has changed the past 5 months of my life. It felt like I was going to die, uncontrollable shaking and cold sweats. Even after that, I refused to believe something was wrong. It wasn’t until I was at a family gathering that I noticed my neck and shoulders were extremely tense, and it was hard to move my head much. I also noticed that I felt like I had to flee, no matter where I was. I finally admitted that I needed help for my anxiety, I got so weak that I thought for sure I was going to die. Suicidal thoughts and hopelessness also.

I now have been meeting with my therapist for 7 weeks now, and hopefully I’m on the way to feeling better. I’d love to know how you’re doing, even if you’re still on the site. Best wishes 

• Posted

This is actually funny because it’s EXACTLY what I’m going through right now. For two years now I have dealt with this health anxiety. First it was random heart problems I thought I had to I went to the ER and they sent me off to a cardiologist and everything was fine. Then my best best best friend passed away from brain cancer so I now I constantly think I have one and my head is POUNDING everyday so bad just like yours so I don’t know if I should get it checked or if it is just anxiety and stress which I’m 99% sure it is...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.