Headache won’t go away & respond to meds

Posted , 11 users are following.

My headache started in Dec 11 but I assumed it was stress headaches because it was finals week plus I get them all the time! 

By December 22, finals were over my head still hurts but then again I assumed it was the stress from school, lack of sleep, too much caffeine & anxiety from school. 

By December 24 it was still hurting to I took 2 500mg Tylenol at the same time (I do it all the time when I’m hungover) but it didn’t work. 

Few more days has passed by my headache is still there not responding to Tylenol so I figured maybe I’ll try Advil 600mg in Dec 26. No change. 

December 29 I decided I go to the clinic and I said that my head’s been hurting for a week now, it doesn’t respond to over-the-counter meds, I get 7-8 hrs sleep every night, not extremely stressed out as finals are over, it hurts more when I lay down, & it hurts mostly on the left side. He suggested I have a migraine so he prescribed me with rizatriptan. I took 2 (hours apart) no change. 

The next day Dec 30 I went back to the clinic but different doctor I told him everything and he prescribed me with Dicloflenac Sodium. Again, it didn’t work. 

Now Jan 1, my head still hurts. 

I am booking appointments for eye, dental, and massage (maybe my neck is just sore) trying to rule everything out. 

Is anyone in the same situation as I am?? I’ve never had migraines before! Could it be bad?? How come the medicine are not working?? They just make me feel drowsy!! I am a 21 year old female, very physically active, no medical history of any kind. Please help! 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds like you have rebound headache from taking too much NSAIDS, Tylenol, etc.

If you want to get rid of the migraines, you have to make some serious lifestyle changes. Your body is screaming at you. Cut out the alcohol and caffeine for a while. Drink more water. Stress is a whammy trigger for migraine. Your body needs to recalibrate back to homeostasis. You can do this. Don't freak out. Probably not anything serious but for peace of mind, you might want to get checked out physically. Migraine is a complex disease and each person has to figure it out for themselves. Best to you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.