HEADACHES

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies, today I'm really struggling with my headaches. My periods are very erratic but I normally get a headache before my period which last for at least 5 days. Most times it's a migraine and normal pain relief just isn't working anymore. Now as well as the headache before I am getting them after I have finished my period. The doctor has got me filling in headache diaries but at the moment I just can't see any pattern to them. I have had a headache for the last 10 days and today I feel like banging my head against the wall. Sorry to be a pain but what do you ladies take for headaches, ordinary ibuprofen or paracetamol just doesn't touch my headaches anymore. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Joanne

i had these hormonal heads but only towards the end of peri..

thats how i knew i was getting a period for certain, it was only the last two periods i had though, crushing migraines lasting 4 days and 4 nights solid..

now they have gone and i am in meno full .. no periods..

glad your doc is monitoring them and your keeping log..  

hope they improve soon its awful .... your right paracetamol  and the ibuprofen does nothing, but the effervescant Solpadeine max (paracetamol and codeine) helped mine the most

jay xx

• Posted

Hi Agnes, I try to stay off the trigger foods, I do drink plenty of water but I do tend to eat a lot of sugary things like biscuits, cakes etc. I'm not a big eater and tend to "graze", so I have been told. I feel today like I'm never going to be free of pain in my head. So any advice would be much appreciated
    • Posted

lamb broth 

i dont eat lamb  ... dont really eat meat .. fish fish and more fish for me

dont think diet affected my menopause headaches its hormonal ..

hormonal is hormonal ... spikes and erracticness ...

i have the best mediterranean diet ever... 

jay

• Posted

Thanks Jay, I will try those, I'm even worrying about the amount of pain relief I'm taking . I'm taking ibuprofen every 4hours on a daily basis at the moment. Doctor has told me not to worry ha, x
  • Posted

You can try Imigran. This is available from the pharmacist and is very good for premenstrual headaches and migraines.
  • Posted

I suffer migraines and use Migraleve
    • Posted

Water and more water,the brain tightens hence headache  brain surrounded by fluid,a Cranial osteopath told me,more paracetamol ,more headache,so water first thing when you wake up,if not that then take Migraleve or similar,maybe you've got Silent migraine,get in menopause,but lots of females don't know it go check on Jays list she put up last week ,67 of them.Worth a read ,I counted off 31 . Get back let's know how many you've ticked off.xx
    • Posted

Hope so too, can always repost it as a direct answer, after all better read twice than missed smile
  • Posted

Hi Joanne try cutting sugar and fat out. I used to have migraines but only get them occasionally now. Drink loads of water you may be dehydrated that causes migraines try homeopathic remedies for headaches they are good 
    • Posted

Caffeine triggers mine big time. Walnuts and peanuts trigger them but not other nuts as these two have a different chemical consistency.

Some people find that dairy and in paticular cheese is a trigger, chocolate is another known food trigger.

• Posted

Hi Taz 

how are you with Almonds.. they are good, the ones with the brown skin on..

i use to eat loads in peri, when i felt a drop of energy, always in my handbag, not fattening and full of protein..

off for a swim now.. catch ya later 

jay xx

• Posted

Fine with those and love them, only the two I mentioned can't have as chemically different from other nuts
    • Posted

Mine anything related to peanuts,oil on food  I always check,plays my I B S up wicked for few days till out of system,yes can see why nuts  chocolate etc can give women meno headaches  or migraines,it's all about connecting up those dots,writing down what you eat,that can be the cause of it,but one wouldn't know it.,what I could eat fine,now I can't.Overnight took on life of it's own.How are you today Taz,? Up or down or just so so.xxx
    • Posted

Not good but can't moan, as jay knows once op out of way I can get on with life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.