HEADACHES

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies, today I'm really struggling with my headaches. My periods are very erratic but I normally get a headache before my period which last for at least 5 days. Most times it's a migraine and normal pain relief just isn't working anymore. Now as well as the headache before I am getting them after I have finished my period. The doctor has got me filling in headache diaries but at the moment I just can't see any pattern to them. I have had a headache for the last 10 days and today I feel like banging my head against the wall. Sorry to be a pain but what do you ladies take for headaches, ordinary ibuprofen or paracetamol just doesn't touch my headaches anymore. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello joanne i'm struggling the same as you but not had a migraine for a while just days and days of headaches and dizziness (had this one since Sunday) i feel my head is so heavy it may fall off my neck, i also yawn a lot when my headaches come on really bad, do you do that? oh and my sight seems blarred. Like you no headache tablets dont work for me, i dont take ibuprofen as it upsets my stomach so just stick to paracetamol plus but very rarely shifts it. My periods too have become erratic, i'm 25 days from my last period that wasnt a proper one just spotting so i'm around the time were i should be due one. Have you tried a cool eye mask, when times are bad i like to put one on while in the bath, in the quiet and in the dark, sometimes it helps it just depends in whether the headache has got hold of you or if you can catch it before it does.  I find the headaaches i wake up with the worse.  sending you a sympathetic hug i know what your going through x 
  • Posted

forget to mention i have given up cheese and caffine and i think that helps were as i'v not had a migraine since.
    • Posted

Hi anxious face, I get vertigo with my headaches and very blurred vision. I also yawn a lot and I sometimes find myself always taking a deep breath. I have cut out cheese but I still drink tea and coffee, I'm trying to stop certain trigger foods to see if anything does make a difference. And I do agree with you about catching it in time. I also tend to wake up with headache. This morning I woke at 4.30am, in a hot sweat, heart pounding and a headache. It's nice to talk to other ladies like yourself who are experiencing the same things. I would never have imagined how it can affect and alter your lifestyle. Take care
  • Posted

i used to suffer headaches when the pain came across my forehead, i knew it was to do with the menopause, i found nurofen helped, and just lying down and resting helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.