Headaches and nosebleeds left nostril

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi I’m 50 and in peri menopause! Lately I’ve been having headache and nosebleeds. It’s really starting to scare me. I’m just wondering if anyone else has gone through this while in peri menopause? I swear I get rid of one symptom and get 10 more! When will this all end?😐

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I blow blood from my nose and get the headaches and sinus infection too. Are you talking about a full pledge nose bleed where you have to hold pressure on nose to get it to stop or you just talking when you blow it?
    • Posted

I  get a nose bleed. It doesn’t last but a few minutes. I still worry though. I don’t feel sick 😷 

• Posted

Hi Maureen, yes I get a nosebleed in my left nostril as well. It used to be a few days a month but now it is one day a month. The left nostril also goes through weird stages of being stuffy, bleeding, dry, etc. Its a strange process. I thought that my nose ring was cutting the inside of my nose when I first started getting a nosebleed but now I know its hormones. I get a slight headache for a couple of minutes as well. It is completely hormonal normal. Try not to get scared we will all get through this one day. Take care!
    • Posted

Good morning Becky 

I'm so sorry what your going thru BUT this really suks !! 

I don't get nose bleeds I get dry sinus and burning 

So I been having phantom period for 3 yrs I didn't have a period for 4 months and I got it in October that was my last menstrual but I must say this has been the worse 2 months I had 😫So I'm thinking maybe this is it I'm not getting my period anymore . Please tell me if you ever had hot flashes frequently and this wave of nausea I feel so sick 😫😫

• Posted

Omg! Becky thank you so much! I really was starting to think the worse! I was at my office Friday which I take my dog to every day by the way! She’s a puppy so we are using puppy pads because it so cold outside! So she went potty 🚽and I bent do to clean up when all of a sudden I felt my nose running went to wipe it and to my surprise it was bleeding! Scared  me half to death! I think 🤔 my husband was worse! Thank goodness 😅 we work together! I’m just over all this already!

• Posted

Hi Maria, Im sorry that I just saw this response. Sometimes I dont get all of the responses showing up on my phone. Im sorry that you are feeling so sick. So you sound like your periods are coming to an end. I havent missed a period yet. I do get nauseous at times but then it goes away fairly quick. I dont get hot flashes but I do get extremely cold. I just keep saying "heres another hormone shift" We will get through this it just takes some time and some strange symptoms. I hope that you are feeling better. I will be praying for you. Take care!

• Posted

Hello Maureen, sorry for the late response. My phone is not notifying me when I have a response to a post. My nose bleeding used to freak me out as well but I know now that its just my hormones changing again. It comes and goes now.  Im sooooo over all of these symptoms as well. We will get through this.....our husbands are learning a thing or two about hormone changes as well lol! I hope that you are doing well and I will be praying for you smile Take care!
  • Posted

Good morning Maureen 

How the temp in your room ?

Do you have hbp ?

• Posted

You are not alone I get headaches but no nosebleeds . I get everything else and stop and a new symptom come in. I’m driving my doctor crazy
  • Posted

Yes to both headache and nosebleeds. As I enter menopause, I started getting headaches/ocular migraines more and more frequently. As soon as it starts, I take an Excedrin and a Prilosec (cuz sometimes it upsets my stomach), if I can't find Excedrin ASAP I opt for a Mountain Dew, I put on my darkest sunglasses which helps at work, but when at home, I immediately find the darkest place I can to lie down. A cool compress helps and I TRY to do some guided relaxation. There are a ton on them on YouTube. I dont know about you, but I'll do anything to avoid letting my headache get so horrible that I start throwing up.

For the nosebleed part, I have found that putting a humidifier in our bedroom at night has helped immensely. That being said, if it is really severe and often, I think I'd let my doctor know!

Hope this helps a little! Trust me, I feel your pain!😉

• Posted

Thank you so much momma bee! I’m so tired 💤 of all of this! You know the health anxiety was so bad at on point it was the first time in my life I thought I could use a therapist! That finally stopped! Just one day it was gone! I feel like Forest Gump saying that but that’s the truth! Now this I don’t want the anxiety to come back because of this new nosebleed headache thing!😐

• Posted

Dear momabee

I noticed that you said you get occular migraines, I started to get these two years ago and they started up again last year? Do you know your triggers? How often do you get them? I think I have a few triggers.

• Posted

It has been a huge difference to find this forum. I can't tell you how much it helps to know I'm not crazy and out of 34 menapause symptoms I hold about 32. I have very dry nose throat and one nostril bleeds slightly. Nausea every morning, no appetite; cry all the time heart palpitations etc . What so annoying is I'm not this person however, I'm 53 and I'm hoping light at the end of tunnel.I do have one tip, I am using a cream called Pro gest natural twice daily. ..it took a week and I was sleeping very well and night sweats minimal. I ordered from Amazon .

• Posted

Hi all,

I’ve just started having the same sort of symptom with the nosebleed from the left nostril. Does anyone have any updates about their condition? Anything helped? Anything else associated with it?

So glad to have found this group!  Thank you!!

• Posted

Was so happy to see this post.

Turned 51 this past aug. and I've had one weird thing after another. My doctor probably thinks I'm going insane. Migraines terrible. Getting botox now for them. Cycles all screwed up. Got a D&C recently to make sure everything ok. Still going.

Now having Nose bleed twice same side but it is dry and hot in house so definitely could be that however not common for me.

Anxiety, abnormal heartbeat. Feel Tired, groggy most days out of the month.

Hot flashes then super cold.

Surely I have to be getting to the end.

Anyway, feels better knowing there are others going through this as well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.