Headaches, ouch

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello,

does anyone else get really bad head aches with this? i had some bad ones a few weeks ago but thought it was just stress, but ive had them all this week too. i am having a bad couple of days CFS-wise so is it related do you think? making me feel quite fuzzy and sick too :hangover:

Trees x

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Trees, you know the answers to your own questions.

Driving takes a great deal of concentration and will make you tired and headachey, but it will be easier on familiar routes than it will when you have to navigate as well.

As for the whisky, almost universally people with ME have an acute alcohol intolerance so there you go. I like a teaspoon of brandy in my coffee in the winter and even that touches me a bit, as does the thimbleful of communion wine in church. :roll:

You do need to explore all this with someone who can help and advise you, someone like a physiotherapist who understands ME. As you are in London the National ME Centre would be a great place for you, but you have to pay.

Good luck with getting a referral. x

• Posted

We have all experienced exactly how you are feeling Trees :evil:

You think you are getting somewhere and then WHAM the b***** strikes again :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good days will return again .......... eventually :roll:

Cats Eyes ..... I'm so sorry you suffer so badly with your head too sad

Group hug needed here I think :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Posted

Trees I have to keep a record of my daily activities. On these sheets I also scored everything, pain level, tirdeness. It's interesing looking back over them you can quiet often see a pattern. We go through the sheets with my consultant as well as my O.T who visits every two weeks. Hopefully doing this stops the boom and bust problems.
  • Posted

Hi folks :D

Just reading this ...... and all the 'flashy' bits have disappeared again :?

Or its it just ME :?

• Posted

[quote:426ce1c6eb=\"Dale\"]Katie, leave the speedos to James! He is sure to look better in them than me :roll: I went to school with a girl called Dale.

James, sorry for the delay. The tablets are called Naramig and are prescription only. They are a 5HT antagonist if you want technicality! :P You take them when you first feel a bad migraine type headache starting. Apparently in migraine (which is associated with ME) the blood vessels in the brain enlarge and this tablet Naramig reduces the swelling also reduces the pain. :ok: You don't necessarily have to have any visual disturbance to have migraine. Hope this helps.

Katie. can't get hold of that Anne McItyre book :thepost: at all, will just have to rely on you for quotes

Dale xxx[/quote:426ce1c6eb]

Thanks for that Dale.

Plus you have also confirms my worst fear.........

I do have a brain :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I managed to get that book, but only used and on Amazon.co.uk.

Beware though, i payed £8 inc. postage, there are some going for over £40.

Also there are some from abroad.

• Posted

Oh so I could make a fortune on mine then 8)

It is a brilliant book .... it sits here beside me every day ..... even talk to it sometimes :shock:

• Posted

I wish I could get one sad

I got Charles Shepherd out the other evening but I could not hold it up, it was too heavy.

I am sure it is heavier than it was when I got it. :roll:

• Posted

I have tried Waterstones and Amazon with no luck :cry: Got the Charles Shepherd but not looked at it yet, it only came on Tuesday.

Reading one at the moment called A life shattered about ME. Not got it here cos I am at work. Written by someone called Lynne from what I remember. She and her son had ME and she did some research about it. I keep saying \"thats like me\" and driving Ally mad :twisted: She was admitted with suspected meningitis same as I was :shock: before I was diagnosed

Dale xxx

• Posted

I was lucky i guess.

I looked around, then thought of Amazon and it showed my one at £8.25 (RRP £9.99), i'm having that.

The rest were stupid prices.

Katie, does this you and me have pieces of GOLD ? :twisted:

• Posted

Absolutely James :wink:

I'll really keep my eyes open and try and find a copy or two.

It's actually been updated three times already so maybe Dr Anne is working on the next one.

It's the very first sentence written by Clare Francis that made me buy it in the first place. I have quoted it before, but will do soon again.

'To have ME is to experience hell twice over, firstly through the devastation of the disease itself, and secondly through the lack of diagnosis, information and support that most sufferers are still having to endure'.

Katie xx

Gosh, wish we could stop the flashing on the top of the reply page - have got it covered with a teatowel at the moment but it still flashes through it :evil: What with that, my fibro and my tinnitis (which is like a sledgehammer in my left ear ... anyone else get it??) life isn't exactly a bundle of fun at the moment :evil:

• Posted

Oh I feel so sorry for you with tinnitus

I don't have it and would hate it. I can't think of anything worse that to have a noise you can't get away from. Even worse than Max Dog's barking. :roll:

You do get a fair share of symptoms Katie.

Do you think working has caused you to slip a bit downwards? You aren't your usual self. sad

• Posted

Alicia, there is absolutely no way I could go back to work as before sad

I didn't expect it to be a breeze, but I just can't multi-task any more. My brain will just not allow me to concentrate on more than one thing at a time. I could so easily make a terrible mistake - and I am just not prepared to take that risk.

So ....... I shall perhaps do the odd morning here or there for a while and see how it goes, but sadly my body is saying a great big resounding 'NO' at the moment :evil:

This illness is a bit of a b***** :wah:

• Posted

Well I have missed you this week xx
  • Posted

Aww, thanks Alicia :hug:
  • Posted

oh im sorry to those of you who are struggling at the moment. katie, im sorry about your tinnitus on top of everthing else. sad

has everyone else found that many symptoms arrive the longer you've had CFS? the headaches are relatively new for me. i had some pounders in cornwal :wah:

ive got the charles shepherd book, got it cheap cheap on amazon. ive read parts of it but need to go back to it, esp the self help parts.

still waiting for my referral to come through :roll: doc said if it wasnt here when i got back from cornwall to call her, so think ill be doing that today

Trees x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.