Healing damaged esophageal tissue

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I have a mild motility issue with my upper esophageal sphincter (it's hypotensive) and apparently supragastric belching (I tend to burp a couple of times after eating or drinking anything). Does anyone else have this problem?

I go through regular episodes of having a sore/inflamed esophagus along with chest pain. It's my own fault because as soon as I feel healed I tend to be a bit naughty and have a few of the things that gradually cause me problems again (like fats and sugars seem to be the culprits). So what are the best natural supplements to take to heal the damaged tissue? I know about DGL and slippery elm, but wondered if there was anything else that could be more effective.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice please do share, thank you x

3 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello sorry to hear our problem I too have mortality of esophagus diagnosed last year. Then I was getting terrible GERD and have a hiatal hernia. But  my food was getting stuck which I didnt realise what was happening at the time. Coffee milk fruit sugar dried fruit fats all gives such pain. now. If I eat anything "chunky" hard to digest I fall asleep so can only eat soft foods - all with pain now. I have smoked since 14 now 65 but gave up a year ago but think now I may have cancer of esophagus. Because I couldnt swallow much without feeling lousy  I unfortunately lived on coffee  and cream cakes a lot cos I was so hungry. It made it obviously worse. I hardly burb though. I would love to know what you CAN eat and drink without pain? I have also chewed gum for many years which hasnt helped. I  am afraid it gets me so down thinking now the worst that I do have coffe and a bun and suffer the consequences.!! I am losing weight too. Even broccoli spinach (which is very acidy) cabbage I cant eat. Only a few green beans white fish tiny tiny sweet pot  and red pepper. I also have IBS. I am due to have an endoscopy in a couple of weeks and admit to being told bad news as this has got worse and worse. Never mind. Still alive at present !! Cant really say much else. I did read somewhere that the adrenal glands affect the mortality (it does actually have a name if you Google it)
  • Posted

Hi,

Same here burping even I haven't eaten anything or when I wake up in the morning.Bicycle belle is right, it relieves me to drink Aloe Vera with ManukaHoney and the ginger homemade tea. I just boil the water and grate the tea, no sugar or anything.hope it helps you too.

• Posted

I have suffered from GORD for 12 years now and over the last few weeks i have got worse with it.  I am due for an ultrasound scan and an endoscopy as i need to know what is causing my symptoms.  I am assuming that i may have a couple of different things wrong with me ie the scan to look for possible gallstones and the endoscopy i want to have done because i always feel like there is a 'lump in my throat going up and down when i swallow normally'.  I told my GP last week that i was scared it was the dreaded C word but she said she thought it was unlikely as i didn't have the symptoms associated with it but i still can't help worrrying until i've had all my tests done and results through :-(
    • Posted

I feel the same way raffaela, scared that one day it will turn into it
    • Posted

hello tata40402 - i too feel the same way but to be honest 12 years ago when i was first diagnosed with GORD, my GP's were not worried about it at all and just prescribed me with Omeprazole and one of my GP's told me that he wasn't even going to send me for an endoscopy because he didn't think i had symptoms to prompt me to have one (ie vomiting etc) so really i have taken the doctor's word for it all and just taken it for granted that i had GORD and that i had to learn to 'live with it'.  It's only the last month or so that has prompted me to go back to ask for tests as i feel my symptoms have got worse.  Am keeping everything crossed that all will be fine but as they say, we all know our own bodies and if something isn't right it needs looking at.
  • Posted

DEtox then probiotic. Research. XEOLITE LiQUID. AND SH FERMPLUS PRO PROBIOTIC. CHANGED MY LIFE

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.