Healing from myomectomy / fibroids

Posted , 8 users are following.

hello

i had my first myomectomy 3 weeks ago. the healing did not take long. by that i mean the time i needed pain killers only for 10 days. That said, I have a weird numbness. I can't feel the area between my stomach and my incisions.

Have you had similar experience? Anything to worry about regarding the health of the uterus ? i have fears about the scar inside it. Also, I have not got my period yet. My last started July 10th and lasted 19 days ( till the surgery).

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi, I had laparoscopy myomectomy and I healed just fine. I honestly don't remember when I got my period after the surgery because I became pregnant by the 3rd month after. So the uterus scars must have heeled quite well as it held a successful pregnancy quite soon after surgery. but I did have a c-section for the birth of my child which is where probably you also have your surgery scar and for me it took about a year to 1 1/2 years until I had normal feeling at the scar area, as you describe. the nerves at the incision area get damaged when the skin is cut through so it takes time for them to repair themselves again. Your uterus is quite a strong muscle and can hold a beating or two and heals quite fast. Speak with your doctor if still concerned .

• Posted

thank you. that is a relief. i hope it is not scarred. i am trying to look for healthy eats and herbs. seems not straightforward but i will listen to my body

• Posted

You have nothing to worry about!

I had my myomectomy in May. I didnt really need the oxycodone they gave me I used a couple of the ibuprofen 600mg and still had many in the bottle after 2 weeks. You're going feel the incision area now the stitches still has dissolved. Also your going feel slight tingle small sharp paints and numbness throughout out year. (as per my doctor). As for for the scaring in the uterus, I'm told there's a 30% chance of it which seem small .

I've been healing beautifully and I thank God my doctor was brilliant and pretty sure yours is TOO! Dont worry yourself and HAPPY HEALING!image

• Posted

thank you so much. this is really helpful

• Posted

Also I had my surgery in may period didnt come til May 29 and has been regular.

Now for the period, My first period was horrible and I thought something was wrong. I was bleeding heavy but it did stop after 10 days. My second June 29, was moderate and I stop bleeding after 5 days bc bleed again after by spotting total 10days , my 3rd period July 29, was also moderate no heavy bleed regular flow stopped.on the 7th day and then picked 2 day later and did leave completely til 12 day. My doctor said that your periods will be a lil whack after myomectomy but it will start to regulate yourself. Stay positive.. that's what I'm doing. I'm trying to have a baby so I have to remain positive

• Posted

Yes, your periods are whack after a myomectomy and then it normalizes. I feIt numbness for about 7- months. finally the numbness is barely there. Same experience with numbness when I had a cesarean Section 15 years ago. Thank goodness you are healed.

• Posted

thank you. i wonder why periods are like that after myomectomy may be it is the wound

• Posted

Most likely, Remember its major surgery. Nothing that has happen to you is abnormal so just trust the process.

Be well.

• Posted

I'm Ten weeks recovered the numbness and swelling takes a while months even.

To help with the scar inside it is better to take anti inflammatories and massage the wound . Also your first period post will be heavy possibly clots and period pain going slightly longer then normal as it cleanses extra debris from surgery. this is normal if it's gushes etc seek attention. and check HB. please be gentle with your self you have been cut through several layers and it takes 6 months in total to be completely healed. so lifting etc follow Doctors advice. usually 8 weeks. Hope this helps.🤗

• Posted

Thank you so much. i will take anti inflammatory medicine and try to massage my abdomen. i hope to go back to yoga and meditation.

as i mentioned in my reply below i am nervous about not being able to pursue a healthy lifestyle

• Posted

Eat loads of iron and research food for healing it really was key the first 4 weeks . Listen to your gut if you feel something is not right seek a doctor s opinion. or gyne nurse. All the best .🤗

• Posted

thank you. i just ate a bunch of kale and sunflower seeds. i was told to stay away from red meats... but i think they are essential for iron...oh well

• Posted

Healing takes time. It's your body who determine how it heels

• Posted

thank you. i trust my body on this but my lifestyle is what bothers me. i live in a tiny apartment and it restricts my cooking and meditation

• Posted

Hello there,

I had my myomectomy back in february and I am 6 months post operation. You healed well, how many fibroids did they take out from you? I had 25 fibroids removed, I managed my pain relief with some hard and strong stuff ie Tramadol in cases when the pain was unbearable, and it was unbearable at times, my husband was concerned at one stage. My uterus I have given 12-18 months to heal, as I what we have done is MAJOR surgury . Its no joke!!

My period came 7 days after the procedure and lasted 7 days exactly, now in my 6 month, periods are now 7 days with heavy bleeding and clotting, but I feel that this body telling me its healing.

The key is your diet, managing pain relief, exercising - yoga and pilates. Great for rebuildling the core abdomen muscles. As for getting pregnant, I am not sure not, the damage has been done, but I will live in hope!

• Posted

thank you . The hope is always there. I can't give up.

They took out 7 fiberiods. the total weight was 300 grams. The biggest was may be 7 cm long

The critical fiberiod was the one blocking the endrometial canal . It caused so much bleeding.

I really want to gain my strength back. I walked 5000steps today and planning on going back to do yoga. What is the soonest that I can exercise?

• Posted

Keep up the good work. It looks like you are doing the right thing. All the best!

• Posted

excuse my grammatical /punctuation mistakes. It is taking me sometime to think through sentences

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.