Healing from myomectomy / fibroids

Posted , 8 users are following.

hello

i had my first myomectomy 3 weeks ago. the healing did not take long. by that i mean the time i needed pain killers only for 10 days. That said, I have a weird numbness. I can't feel the area between my stomach and my incisions.

Have you had similar experience? Anything to worry about regarding the health of the uterus ? i have fears about the scar inside it. Also, I have not got my period yet. My last started July 10th and lasted 19 days ( till the surgery).

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

you need protien to heal meat is highest source of protien 100 grams essential

• Posted

i know and i love good lamb but i read fiberiods are associated with consumption of red meats

• Posted

Interesting. Is the issue is the myoglobin which makes meat red? I think not. As humans we have that naturally. This is probably an issue with how animals are reared if such an association exists. Fibroids thrive in a hormonally-imbalanced environment. Do some meats contain hormone-mimicking substances? Who knows? Greedy Quick buck farmers may pump beef with hormone to fatten them for slaughter at an earlier date. You may also know that use of relaxers have been associated with fibroid tumors. check out research by Ami Zota at George Washington University.

• Posted

i really don't know. I just feel meats increase inflammation but no one can affirm that. in my country i ate chicken and lamb and it was better taste wise.

Now i am suspicious and annoying about it( gradually moving to fish and my husband hates it)

i think there might be a hormone related issue but i admit that my diet is not good. i am a graduate student and i eat whatever is cheap.

i am now more attentive and try to eat safe stuff although it is tough. Since we are talking about food i love yogurt , and i read somewhere it affects the hormones. This adds to my challanges. it is difficult to have a healthy calcium source.

i will look into the relaxers' research.

Thank you!

• Posted

I would add Zinc to your Supplement list - it's a great wound healer (google it) and the "Combatant- General of viruses and bacteria" during cold Season. Love it.

• Posted

just took my supplements. Thank you for pointing that out

• Posted

About the numbness, I had a myomectomy back in 2012 and I still have a bit of numbness above the incision area. I think some nerve damage is expected but my doctor told me at the time (through ultrasounds) that my uterus had healed well and there was very little scar tissue. So try not to worry and just make sure to start exercising as soon as you are ready and build back your abdominal muscles. All the best in your recovery 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.