Healing Prostatitis?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone treated and healed their Prostatitis without antibiotics? If so how?  

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If you happen to be in the minority and have bacterial prostatitis, then it is possible to 'cure' it using the correct course of antibiotics

The vast majority (including me) have non-bacterial prostatitis also referred to as chronic inflammation.To my knowledge, there is no single cause nor known 'cure' for this. The causes/exacerbating factors can be many  - anything that causes an inflammatory response in that part of your body. Diet, prior infections - all kinds of things can be accretive in the cause.

As for me - after years of dealing with this and doctors treating me for BPH with all the usual prescription medications, none of which helped except for Finasteride, which I took for 6 months until the side effects were worse than the prostatitis. Fortunately, the benefits of the drug continue to this day - which were reduced swelling (the often mention feeling of sitting on a golf ball).

Unfortunately, it did very little for my urinary symptoms. Over the past 9 months, I have been addressing those by removing caffeine and alcohol. Of these, the alcohol had the biggest impact, not only from the diuretic effects but primarily from the effect it was having on 'numbing' my bladder, sometimes causing AUR (acute urinary retention) - and I am not a big drinker. Two 6 oz glasses of wine could be enough to trigger this on me.

While both of those reductions helped, the biggest impact appears to be from consuming turmeric. While a skeptic of supplement claims, I have found considerable relief by consuming a turmeric paste I make, store in the refrigerator and consume daily. I did try capsules to start, but experienced no benefit.

How I make my paste: fresh turmeric, piperine (black pepper), coconut oil, quercetin and honey (mix over low heat - putting the tuermeric in last). The purpose of the pepper, oil and quercetin is to increase the bioavailability (absortion) of the curcumin in the turmeric.

If you are interested, there are numerous articles and YouTube videos on using turmeric for inflammation and it's inexpensive to make the paste, easy to take and with good honey, tastes like a treat. I take 1 heaping teaspoon 3 times a day.

Dealing with this issue is frustrating and took a lot of trial and error on my part before I found any relief. While I still have a slow stream, I have very little retention (<50cc) and rarely get up at night.

Good luck.

• Posted

Tim,  have you ever tried watermelon seeds boiled to make tea?  Another guy on a different forum, said that he tried just about everything and found relief with watermelon seeds, boiled to make tea.  He said that he stopped using the watermelon seed, tea, and his symptoms returned.
    • Posted

Hi Tim,

What is quercetin, and in what ratios do you mix these ingredients?

Thanks for the information.

Neal

• Posted

I have not tried watermelon seeds. I have read some information about them also being used as an anti-inflammatory, but I have yet to give them a try.
    • Posted

Quercetin is an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties.

The following are the ratios I use, though I suggest you research this yourself as well. The website turmericforhealth is a good source of info with links to NIH and other studies on the uses and potential benefits of turmeric.

1/2 cup water

1/8 teaspoon fresh blackpepper (I grind peppercorns to a fine powder)

1/4 teaspoon organic quercetin 

1/8 cup coconut oil

6 to 8 tablespoons of raw honey [experiment to get what tastes good to you]

Mix all of these into a saucepan over low heat then add

1/4 cup fresh organic turmeric powder

Once most of the water is removed by heat, it will have the consistency of a think paste. I place it in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator where it hardens and is easy to spoon. Some use it to make Golden Milk (many recipes on the web) or put it in their smoothies, but I find it easier to simply spoon and swallow.

As far as I know, there is no 'magic' to the precise ratios. The purpose of everything except the honey and water is to increase the absorption of the curcumin within the turmeric. 

• Posted

Sent via PM, since this forum software decided it needed to be moderated.

To the moderators of this site - REALLY? You really need to modify this software.

• Posted

Hi Tim,

It went for moderation because you included a website name which has been the subject of SEO posters in the past. If we didn't have moderation the site would be full of spammers, SEO posters and advertisers. If the post is relevant and doesn't breach the T&Cs it will get approved as yours has above.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Tim,  Your post on turmeric is very interesting.  Is it possible to get your recipe and where you get the ingredients.  Thanks, Thomas
    • Posted

Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for persisting. It finally came through. I have been taking turmeric capsules for over a year, but without this combination of things to help.

Thanks for the information.

Neal

• Posted

The ratios are posted above, experiment with the amount of honey to fit your taste. The turmeric, coconut oil and quercetin I purchase on Amazon. They are all relatively inexpensive and last many months. The turmeric website mentioned in my post above has links to specific brands they recommend, I will PM you a link.
    • Posted

I tried capsules for 2 months, no difference. I also tried a liquid - again no difference. With the paste, I slowly started seeing a difference as I increased the amount per day. After 4 to 6 weeks, my symptoms started to improve, though I still have flare-ups. I don't think turmeric is a cure, but it does appear to at least lessen many of my symptoms.

There are so many things that can cause an inflammatory response in our bodies including many auto-immune related illnesses, I think that the causes of what we commonly call prostatitis has potentially many different triggers. As such, what works for one may not work for another. It is a very frustrating issue with which I have had little help to date from the medical community.

• Posted

Hi Tim,

I agree with you. Thanks for the information. It's really too bad that medical "science " can't do better than that for such a common condition that affects so many.

Neal

• Posted

irradiations with LLLT laser and with warming the prostate gland is driving the intestine to the temperature of 45 degrees​, I am healthy pains subsided
    • Posted

Just a thought, perhaps,warming the prostate, may also kill bacteria, that is causing you problems. In my opinion, when we as humans, have a fever, I believe that's the way that the body, is trying to kill germs, that are causing it harm.

• Posted

it is this way exactly with the temperature, the red laser is having an anti-inflammatory effect, the changeable magnetic field is acting analgesically, infrared laser, anti-inflammatory and analgesically, blue antibacterial
    • Posted

Hi Mathew, how long did you have prostatitis before you did this treatment ? Was your prostate also enlarged ? How long ago did you have the treatment and has the prostatitis come back since ? Many people complain of symptoms coming back after thearopy or after antibiotics. I'm very interested in trying what you did with the irradiations.It makes perfect sense. 

• Posted

I am 36 years old, I was ill 4 years, I took many antibiotics, cipronex 500, nolicin, doxycycline, and others, autovaccines,  to no avail, yes I have prostatitis before I did this treatment.  The treatment lasted 8 months, it has been every week better, the prostatitis didn`t come back , for me that is perfect therapy
    • Posted

Thanks Matthew - 

can you tell me where and how you get this laser treatment? Do you have your own laser, or do you go to a doctor for this? 

If you go to a doctor, can you tell me what type of doctor would do this, and what the procedure is? How often, etc.

If you have your own, could you please tell me which unit you use (a linke would be great), and what your procedure is, plus how often do you do it?

Thanks!

• Posted

That's quite a list of antibiotics. Did a doctor culture your urine or seminal fluid to determine if you had bacterial prostatitis before prescribing?

After taking cipro 3 times over the course of a year, I went to another urologist. Unfortunately, he started down the same path. I am now on the fifth urologist in 3.5 years. I did have both urine and seminal fluid examined, no bacteria found but a very high level of white blood cells in the fluid, which coincides (so I've been told) with chronic inflammation.

No doctor I have seen has offered any treatments other than alpha blockers, finasteride (and their ilk) and antibiotics. I have read some articles about low intensity lasers on the NIH site, but have seen little info on it to date, so any data you can share would be appreciated.

• Posted

I have two lasers at home, one LLLT and one cold laser, and apparatus to thermotherapy, to the doctor I have 200 km, it is impossible every day, Urologist, it is entirely innovative therapy,  I did it 1-2 times a day,  when it ached, additionally heating the prostate gland, it is simple and everyone can do it alone at home.
    • Posted

I  took levoxacin too. I had 4 urologists also,  the last was good,  I had problem with diagnosing illness, during the examination per rectum prostate glands, there was horrible pain and the prostate gland very much was softened, everything was visible on the ultrasound scan.
    • Posted

Were the white blood cells in your seminal fluid? Not one of my uros or my GP ever checked my seminal fluid.
    • Posted

Yes - only one of the 5 has done this. The old prostatic massage while doing a DRE to force fluid out. This was the only time I found the DRE painful. Another urolgist subseqently told me that that procedure is no longer 'recommended'.  

• Posted

You can send it via personal message to me.

Click on my name and select 'Message' from the options.

Thanks-

• Posted

Hi Mathew, thanks for sharing. Would you mind please going into details.

Please publish in detail how you were treated. You could be helping a lot of people including me. 

• Posted

My second uro did the DRE and pushed on it causing some pain. I gasped and she asked if it hurt. She never cultured anything though. I'm beginning to lose faith in uros

• Posted

I would be interested also. If someone could PM me I would appreciate it
    • Posted

You may need to ask them to do this. Of the 5 I've seen to date, only one discussed it with me, another said it was no longer commonly done. None of the 5 I've seen offered to culture urinal or seminal fluid. If interested, do a web search of expressed prostatic secretion.  In my case, it did not tell me anything I didn't already know.

• Posted

Do you mean prostate massage?  If so,you can buy it online.  It's a plastice rod that you can use to massage the prostate.

• Posted

No dennis I was refering to the uro massagine the prostate to get seminal fluid to look for bacteria. I've read doing prostate massage yourself while having prostititis can spread the bacteria to other areas. I don't know if thats true or not

• Posted

hello Greg it is completely innovative curing the prostatitis, completely safe connecting heating the prostate gland to 45 ranks, with the irradiation with LLLT lasers around changeable magnetic field, different frequencies, what would you know? give me email for more info, to prive
    • Posted

I agree, this way it is only possible to state the presence of the bacterium in the prostate gland

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.