healing time after botox for anal fissure

Posted , 143 users are following.

Hi everyone!

So I went in for the botox treatment for my anal fissure around 3 weeks ago, after trying every cream for the past year or so to no avail. 

Since the treatment my pain is still there and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same treatment and was successful and how long it took for the fissure to heal?

Any advice truly appreciated!!

7 likes, 374 replies

374 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm really sorry to hear you are not doing better.  I hope the next treatment works for you so you can be health.  For anyone stumbling across this thread, I spoke to my colorectal surgeon and he said continued pain and bleeding is not uncommon.  He said the average patient takes 3-4 weeks to feel better after botox.  He said they wait for three months before they call the treatment a failure.  I am still having spasms, though some days are better and some are still horribly bad.  Hopefully things will get a lot better over the next couple of weeks.
    • Posted

Thanks for this info my surgeon said it works from day one an if not better by week 6 it's a fail he's not a great surgeon I guess. This time line looks more realistic. I'd like to know how you've been since then did you end up healed or more Botox?

• Posted

And when did you stop having pain an or bleeding after your Botox?
    • Posted

my surgeon said the same its a fail at 1 month if no better

• Posted

it took weeks for me, after the botox shot... painful but it did eventually help. and when I say painful.... PAINFUL. anyone who goes thru this, I am sending you understanding Love... really this is a very surreal thing to go thru and for those who do not go thru it, they really have no way of understanding the pain and discomfort. all the best to everyone. patience is key.

• Posted

Thanks for posting what your colorectal surgeon mentioned. You have mentioned that you are still having spasms. Are they as bad as they were prior to the Botox procedure or are they better than before. Did the Botox finally help? I am getting it done next week.

• Posted

Hi. I have a friend that has been suffering from the same for alost two years now. She went for botox injections too a month ago and recently started having pain again. You mentioned that after seeing your surgeon it would be either injections again or surgery. The injections are mainly a one off or they have to be continued every other time? Did you went for surgery? If yes what surgery exactly and did it worked better than the injections? I just feel very frustrated and powerless to not be able to help my friend and hurts me seeing her in so much pain. If you have any advice please I would be ever so much eternally appreciated. Hope everyone that is suffering with it gets better.
  • Posted

Hi Everyone,

​My thoughts are with you all and only we know the agony and pain that we all suffer

​having this awful problem,and yes i have cried in the past.

​I had Botox surgery in July because the ointments i was using were not helping me,

​i asked my Surgeon to explain what Botox was going to do to help.He was brilliant listened and explained everything i needed to know.

​They cannot stitch the Fissure because of the blood  flow so Botox is a filler which lasts for 3 months. i did expereince a little pain after Bowel movements so i took pain killers not all the time but it did help a lot.Also i found personally takiinga hot bubble bath did ease the pain for me

​Its now January and im feeling so much better my reason for me again personally is that im careful in what im eating, not so much large quantities of food at meal times.

If for some reason i do not pass a Bowel movement at the end of the day i take before i go to bed i take a white powder disolved in water called LAXIDO.

So during the night it disolves your motion so in the morning it helps to go to the toilet.

I really hope that my answer will help you.

​Clive.

​Birmingham UK

• Posted

Hello there , I've just read your post with interest as I had Botox surgery yesterday , I'm baffled as to why I'm not in any pain and not even sore ! Can I ask your experience of the days immediately after the procedure ? 

Many thanks 

• Posted

Hi Helen,Hope your feeling a lot better yes like me to be pain free is amazing.

​Personally and this is my own thought  i would suggest people go and have the Botox Operation,if nothing else helps them ie

• Posted

i wasnt in much pain or sore after

i am now few weeks later due to still got fissures 😦

• Posted

Hi all, its 2 weeks today since i had my botox and hemmoroids banded. Im now in pain everyday for about 4-8 hours after a bm. Pain is like a burning feeling, slightly different to the pain pre op. Did this pain go away for any of you without having to go vack in for botox again or lis? Thanks
  • Posted

Phoned my surgeons secretary this morning and explained i am in more pain now 2 weeks post op than what i was pre op. She has told me to go back to hospital on tuesday so they can incestigate. Hooefully they will offer me the lis when i go in as i really cant see the botox working.
    • Posted

Hi are you able to update on your situation now. I had Botox 5 days ago and the pain is now awful after a bowel movement
    • Posted

Hi please tell me how this went for you ! I'm 8 days post Botox I feel better but still some pain passing stools and still tender and sore after sad

• Posted

Hi riri I'm 8 day post Botox an still have pain during passing stools too how did you end up fixed?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.