health anxiety.

Posted , 14 users are following.

my health anxiety had calmed down for a few weeks just finished a period which only lasted 2 days nothing for a day and then back for 1 day. I'm now back at the stage where I'm in bed with discomfort in left shoulder and arm and anxiety through the roof. why does my hormonal brain scream heart attack every time I get twinges or discomfort. been having this for a few years now it's a nightmare

4 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi vicky, 

My shoulder pain comes and goes also I get ear pain that cones and goes on my right side then fatigue dizzy feeling lathargic all these symptoms o noticed that they rotate I just started perimenopause about 4 months ago does it get better at one point, I'm her if you need to talk 

• Posted

I am so glad I am not the only one with health Anxiety. I thought I was b4 finding this group. My husband thinks I am crazy. I thought I had heart issues when I started getting palpitations. Now 7 months ago I let my sister in law to breast cancer only 54 years old. Now I am obsessed with getting cancer. I hate getting older I want to be 25 again.
    • Posted

your definitely not alone. the frustrating thing is the doctors always just highlight the anxiety and make you feel a bit crazy. no one is highlighting that perimenopause can be what's causing the anxiety. I'm only 39 and been like this for a few years now. doctors always ignores when I keep asking if it's pre menopause. I got my periods young just b4 I was 11 every symptom I get these days relates to hormones yet I am constantly told it's just anxiety it's so frustrating

• Posted

Hi Dorothy, i also am having health anxiety. My strange periods and peri symptoms are sending me crazy i worry about every twinge pain and problem. A work colleague has breast cancer and another has a terminal cancer , it worries me to death. I find myself asking people what their symptoms were or are, to see if they match mine. This is awful i fear i may go crazy ;(
    • Posted

I hear you Amanda! Our minds wonder way too much. I am trying to take control of my health. I watch what I eat and drink water. I cut our dairy products and drink almond milk. I take a bunch of vitamins and try to excerise. I have lost 40 pounds with 30 still to go. Cancer has a lot to do with what we put into our bodies. My faith in the Lord helps too. Just trying to stay active and positive. Oh and stress is bad too. Hope this info helps
    • Posted

Congratulations on your weight loss. I honestly believe if I lost weight I would feel much better.
  • Posted

Oh I totaly understand exactly what ur saying.my anxiety is just crippling most days.and no intrest in anything because it makez you feel so ill its cruel to go through.i got so bad it sent me into deep depression and I just wanted anything to take it awaY as ive children and good husband .im now in low meds took away anxsiety im alive again.get a docs appointment asap no need to suffer xxx
    • Posted

I was on a low dose of Zoloft and it really helped about 4 years ago and now my anxiety is worse than ever. Im 51 and have had 1 period in 5 months so I know hormones are playing a part.  Im thinking of getting back on them. 
  • Posted

You are part of a very large club. Most women on this forum suffer from health anxiety. Any little twinge, ache, or pain and my mind goes to the worse possible scenario. I went to the doctor today for my Wellness check and waiting for the results is always hard.
    • Posted

I have health anxiety too. I wonder if part of the reason is all the darn commercials and ads. You cannot even turn on the radio without hearing about some symptom that could be a serious condition. Not to mention, things even come in the mail here.
    • Posted

your so right negativity and fear everywhere you turn. oh and Dr Google is the worst stay away x
    • Posted

For sure. I got something in the mail the other day for final expenses. Really?
    • Posted

I have to mute the tv when commercials come on. Always negative. I don't remember these type of commercial being so prominent unlike 10 years ago. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention or watching as much tv. Sometimes I think we're too connected, tv, smartphones, computers, social media. Ugh! Too much information!

• Posted

I totally agree far too much information. lots of scaremongering going on. health anxiety is horrible.
    • Posted

I know, it's overkill. There never used to be so many commercials. Now the majority are about medical conditions, drugs, diseases, etc. Probably the drug companies (and testing facilities) pushing this. I just came from a meeting where the topic was "Utilization of medical tests just because they are available."

Scarey that docs would just order test, expecially invasive ones, just because they are out there.

• Posted

Yep. When my husband went, I could not believe the amount of people! It was an assembly line. When I mentioned this to a close friend of mine (who is a doc), he said, "Yep, that's where the money is. The more people you get to go for this, the more money in their pockets."

• Posted

My other doctor told me the same thing(he was too honest and cared to much, he is no longer a PCP, he has a men's health clinic and a weight loss clinic).  When I told him the gastroenterologist wanted to see me in three years he looked puzzled. I told him he found one polyp. All my doctor would say was "that's were the big money is". And should have heard the way the Gastro doc gave me my results. He said you had one NON-CANCEROUS polyp.  Like it wasn't cancerous THIS time.  I think he purposely said it like that to strike fear in me. The doctor I have now said I shouldn't have to have another one for ten years(2024). She asked me if I had a family history, I told her no. She said we could do the one next year where you collect your stool at home and then send it off and then in five years do a regular colonoscopy. You can be sure I won't be going back to the money grubbing Gastro doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.