health anxiety.

Posted , 14 users are following.

my health anxiety had calmed down for a few weeks just finished a period which only lasted 2 days nothing for a day and then back for 1 day. I'm now back at the stage where I'm in bed with discomfort in left shoulder and arm and anxiety through the roof. why does my hormonal brain scream heart attack every time I get twinges or discomfort. been having this for a few years now it's a nightmare

4 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi vicky your not alone everything you say is how im feeling i know its awfull im on anti depressents and still have severe anxiety which bring on panic attacksĀ 
  • Posted

Hi Vicky, I know how hard is it, because I'm right there with you. Since peri started I've had digestive issues, but because of the anxiety I've convinced myself it's stomach cancer, i literally walked the floors last night convinced I was having a heart attack. Took myself to doctor this morning and she checked me over all good and she gave me stomach tablets. Thing is I still have heartburn causes by digestive issue which is causing pain in chest so I'm still convinced I'm having heart attack! I know deep down I'm ok but how in the name of God can Peri do this to us! It's horrific, but your not alone. I get comfort from being able to relate to other women like us. Please keep in touch ??

• Posted

goodness we are going through the exact same thing. I also started with digestive issues. I cut gluten out my diet but still get heartburn which like you causes pain in chest that convinces me it's my heart. as soon as I feel it I worry and have had panic attacks. I have to say though that since joining this forum my anxiety is easing it's reassuring to know it happens to others during peri it has taken me around three years of symptoms to realise it's menopause related. it's so nice to be part of a group that understands and responds to my worries xx

• Posted

UGH, the heartburn. Mine causes pain in my back. it's awful.

• Posted

Hi just thought I would check in with you and see if your feeling any better. that type of worry can take days to get over. I've been going through the heart attack anxiety all weekend. I hope you are ok

• Posted

That is nerve wrecking too. Always worried about our health.
  • Posted

My anxiety is bad I'm worried taking medicine prescribed by the doctor for my flu thinking she might have made a mistake and given me wrong one is this normal

• Posted

I get like that too. Always wondering if medication is safe or if it will make other symptoms worse. anxiety has to be the worst thing ever
    • Posted

Exactly. I was on the antidepressant Trazodone, but felt it had stopped working. Doctor put me on Prozac, now have diarrhea and headache.
    • Posted

Hi in perimenapause can you explain to me what is health anxiety I think I'm going through this.

• Posted

It's when you are sure every ache, pain, or weird feeling is some deadly disease. You go to the doctor and live in fear of the results. You can't watch any negative commercial about health on Tv. It's differs woman to woman, but that's how most feel. Some women are sure they're dying.

We all want to feel like our old selves again or at least 90 percent.🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Posted

I have the same problem. I've am post-menopausal and still worry about health. Actually, I've had this problem my whole life. Every little twinge or pain had me worrying and imagining the worse. I don't know how to make those feelings go away.

• Posted

I can't make the feelings go away but I keep trying to reassure myself that I've had all symptoms for ages and I'm still here. if there was anything serious wrong doctors would have found it. heart attack is my trigger I get a lot of chest discomfort and sets me panicking but I just try to breathe and remember it's happened before and it past.

• Posted

This is true. I remember panicking over migraines 10 years ago, thinking the worse ever. Today, I rarely even get a headache. Also had severe arm pain in the past, gone today. Had constant lump feeling in my throat years ago. Gone today. ETC! If I think of all the things I've panicked over in the last 35 years, it's unbelieveable the time I wasted worrying. Although, it's hard not to worry.

• Posted

our stories are the same my moods get so low with constant worrying. it spoils everything. I also at the moment have the lump in throat feeling but it's the chest pain that throws me into panic. we will just have to hope that one day soon it will all subside

• Posted

Yes, so over not feeling happy and normal. I refuse to accept this is my new normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.