Health anxiety

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all. I have health anxiety and it is literally ruining my life!! I am obsessed with checking every part of me to find changes and when I do find something it's intense fear and panic like impending doom. I can't remember the last time I woke up and felt like I wasn't unwell. I am on a counsellor waiting list just don't know what to do in the meantime. Anyone else suffer this bad? Please only genuine sufferers reply as this is embarrassing enough as it is. I have never told anyone about my real problems with fear of being ridiculed. Thanks

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sad I completely understand exactly what you wrote. I hope for the both of us we can overcome these fears. It's horrific.

• Posted

Hi. I have horrible health anxiety too. I've been having panic almost all day. I have a breast lump I need to have ultrasound and mammogram for tomorrow. Tomorrow is 24 years since my dear mom died of leukemia. I'm so scared. I have had health anxiety for many many years. I'm 45. I need help. I had different ailments as a child and have had health scares as a adult.

• Posted

Hi Lorna not sure if you are still on this I too have major health anxiety it totally takes over my life I'm 23 years old and this all started about 8 weeks after I had my little girl! Every little ache pain rash etc I am on google which always comes up cancer I am never away from the doctors I am waiting for blood results tomorrow as I asked for a full blood count because I think I have leukemia it's a viscous circle my stomache is turning at the though of getting my blood results incase it's bad news i just can't bear the thought of something happening to me and leaving my little girl I noticed that your message was from 4 month ago so I hope you are feeling better now love x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.