Health anxiety

Posted , 103 users are following.

Really suffering and struggling with health anxiety regarding my heart. Is anyone going through anything similar? Thanks

12 likes, 184 replies

184 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

And i have  4 children... i want u to know ur not alone if theres anyone out there who want to talk to me fjeel free to pm me or just post here. i'll be gllad to meet all of u...
    • Posted

Hi rialyn29

I have sent you a private message, so sad to hear of all this suffering! My aniexty is controlling my life right now and I'm really struggling. Hope everyone finds a way to cope. Xx 

• Posted

Wow just been reading all the above posts to Laura's post . Sound like I've written every one. 

I've been greeting pain in left side of back and shoulder, neck , jaw, arm . Plus missed heart beat pretty much constantly I take proponolol 10mg but that's it I feel my HA couldn't get much worse . I've just started a teaching university course and could do without this as I have a lot of work to do but here I am worrying I'm going to die . It's horrendous I'm waiting for cbt can't come quick enough . Been waiting for 6 weeks now .

Just nice to know others are going through same thing and I'm not on my own . 

I seem to be getting these ectopic beats all the time like every other beat is this normal ?? 

• Posted

Hi, to get Ectopic beats. It took Doctors/cardiologist 4 years to tell me that I was experiencing Ectopic beats. I visited A+E many times when having palpitations and chest pain and had ECG s but none of the palpitations were ever caught on ECG...about 6 month ago I was having palpitations every other beat. I went to A+E and the caught them on ECG. Cardiologist explained that they were Ectopic bbeats and that there harmless. The next day the vanished for a few days... The reason I got them constant or often was because of my constant fear and worry of not knowing what they were....I now only get them when worried or anxious...I find exercise really is the best thing for me to cope with them....they can vanish on there own over time said cardiologist... Mine still come back but not as bad as when I didn't know what they were... they are basically faulse electrical impulses from the brain telling the heart to beat.......hope you coping well
  • Posted

hi laura .... im 27 years old too and have this problem from last 2-3 years.... i fear of having a heart disease... however after ECG & Echo test, doctor got only high pulse rate (which i usually get due to fear when i go for checkups) and said it was nothing and i was fine..... i have done this 2 times and still i worry a lot ... when i read symptoms on net, i start feeling them and relating them to my symptoms ..... it feels like hell ...... but when i read such blogs and get to know that many others also have same isues and i m not alone, it helps me a lot for some time ..... also when i get busy in some other activity, i forget about my problems and dont get these symptoms.... like pounding heart, high pulse rate, chest pain , arm pain etc ...... 
    • Posted

Hi dee, how are you getting on ? I am really struggling with my anxiety at the moment and wondered of you may have found a way of coping! 

Thanks Donna 

• Posted

I'm doing fine. I almost recovered but yesterday I read a bad news in paper about heart attack and my mind stuck on that since then. I am again on the recovery track and hope to get normal soon. How are you doing ??
    • Posted

So many people suffering from the same things as me.

Constant worry about my heart and the irregular heart beat which I was initially told was Atrial Fibrillation, needless to sya it scared me so much that I then started having panic attacks.

I have worried about my heart since being teenager then here I am being told this and having to start warfarin cos of the risk of a stroke.

This was the worst news I could have been given due to my anxiety.

I feel for you all 

• Posted

From a 24 hour recording ECG Holter Monitor, however, a second opinion by a Cardiologist said he did not agree.

This has left me feeling very confused and scared.

• Posted

I bet 

I've just had a 24hr ecg as I get a lot of ectopic beats or so they say they are  

I mentioned AF 

Not sure what the difference is and how they can tell 

• Posted

They have to read the ECG.

They are able to intperpret it from this and they say it is very common arrythmia.

None the less very scary,

• Posted

What symptoms do u get when it goes into afib I think mine does this every so often not like everyday but once twice a month. X
  • Posted

hi all

just download a paper from this link:

just google the following pdf file

Hypochondriasis_conceptualization_treatment_and_relationship_to_obsessive-compulsive_disorder

this is about CBT. Just go through this paper. we can relate this  100 % to ourown cases. things written here showed very very good improvement in me within no time as itbexplained each nd every symptom we get, nd how we mis relate them to heart disease. Also CBT procedure has been explained here which is world renowned method of treating hypercondria medical word for our situation) without using any drugs.

pls go through this nd reply. I hope we all can adopt nd help eavh other in therapy called CBT.

THNX. Pls do reply....

• Posted

Hi I can't seem to download whole paper 

I'm suffering again today with ectopic beats and aches in my left ribs just under my heart and left back shoulder worrying about heart attack . Took my blood pressure and it's very good at 120/78 . But still worrying . Could do with some relief x 

• Posted

hey burgess, just try again to doenload the paper nd go through it.I also have slight pain in cheat and pain in shoulders and arms right now but i have excepted that this is anxiety and i m trying to relax. i hope i will get over it in few days. unless you except these symptoms as normal you will be panicked. try to distract your mind by indulging in some other activity like reading a book or something. hope u get well soon nd do try to redownload the paper nd read about the case history nd CBT .... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.